“February 7 - 9, 2013”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in L'Orignal
Abadin Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 L'Orignal B&B and Inns
“February 7 - 9, 2013”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay at the comfortable, modern and artistically styled room with en suite in my room that I had.

Ed and Shirley the hosts were extremely cordial and open. I was there during the Canadian Ski Marathon weekend. They provided any personal items. Ed was kind enough to do searches for things online.

The whole wheat home made waffles from Ed's mom's recipe were yummy! Breakfast both days were for champions!

I would definitely recommend the B&B to anyone who wants a fresh diverse experience.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to welcome you at our B&B and we hope you will come back.

All the best.

Abadinbandb
L'Orignal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I just came back from Eastern Ontario and a 2-day stay in L'Orignal at the Abadin B&B. I was in town to explore the Hawkesbury, L'Original & Vankleek Hill area, and this was a great home base. I stayed in a beautifully decorated room with a giant king size bed, large flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. Shirley & Ed, the owners, are extremely welcoming and I really enjoyed my time at Abadin. Shirley is an accomplished artist, and she gave me a tour of artwork on display through her house. Given her artistic eye, she has also done a great job on the interior decor - Abadin B&B has the feel of a chic boutique hotel. On both days, I enjoyed a filling and nicely presented breakfast. On the first day I got German waffles with a berry sauce, and on the second day English muffins with bacon and eggs, baked in the oven. What I also love about B&B travel is the connection with the people, and Shirley & Ed make you really feel at home. We had long enjoyable chats, and I felt like I was visiting friends that I had known for a long time. I'd love to go back to Abadin B&B and explore more of what this part of Ontario (and Quebec, right across the Ottawa River) has to offer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your time with Ed and myself. We equally loved listening to your travel stories and experience. And it is wonderful to hear that you had fun exploring our area.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy Thanksgiving
From
Abadin B&B L'Orignal / Hawkesbury
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had a great Labour Day week-end at the Abadin B&B. It was a an oasis of calm while attending a near-by family reunion. The room was extremely comfortable, the breakfasts were delicious and, most of all, the hosts were a real delight. They were very interesting people, cared about making my stay comfortable and provided lots of info on things to do/see in the area. I will definitely be going back.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. Thanks for your kind words. We are very happy when guests feel they had a satisfying and comfortable time at our Abadin B&B. We are looking forward to seeing you back.

Warm Regards
Abadin B&B L'Orignal / Hawkesbury
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at the Abadin B and B while on a bike trip for our tenth anniversary this August. We found our hosts very pleasant, kind and helpful in providing directions and making food recs. etc. The mattresses were very comfortable after a long ride and the breakfast provided the next morning was delicious. Staying in the summer was very nice as there is a great backyard where guests can sit and relax. Very afforable and you get more than what you pay for!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are very happy that we could serve your needs as bicyclists and that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back in the future. It was a real pleasure to chat during breakfast.
Best wishes
Abadin Bed and Breakfast
L'Orignal
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I should have written this review long time ago as we stayed here back in December. The location of this place is great as it's just in the middle of Ottawa/Montreal/Tremblant.

We decided to stay here for our anniversary as we have stayed in so many high end hotels and wanted something a bit more laid back but at the same time comfortable and 5 star service and we found this in Abdadin Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in the en-suite King room and it was lovely. Bed was so comfy and the bathroom was nice! We had a basket waiting for us with a lot of goodies and a bottle of white wine. Breakfast was made for us by the owners and it was delicious. The owners are europeans from Germany so you can feel the sense of proudness and warmness that they bring from their home country. We had long chats with them and seemed to never end.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for something different and have it as a place to go back to after a long day in Montreal or Tremblant or Ottawa.

Thanks Abadin for hosting us and when we decided to stay in B&B again we will stay at your palce.

Cheers!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at the Abadin B&B! We are so thrilled to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and the conversation we shared! We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to our area, hopefully in the not too distant future!

Warmest Regards
L'Orignal, Ontario
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My wife and I wanted a nice out of town experience for our birthday getaway. Well we found it, in a cozy little town with lots of history. Abadin B&B was great, a beautiful well furnished bedroom with a bed I could sleep the whole night on! Not only did Ed prepare excellent wholesome breakfasts, he was an awesome friendly and accommodating host. We would definitely return for another stay.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I would say any room, but we had the King room and it was great.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It was a real pleasure to have you and your wife as a guest and we hope you will find your way back to L'Orignal for another relaxing stay. Thank you again so very much for the beautiful gift we enjoy it every day!

All the best
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My husband and I went to that lovely B&B to celebrate our anniversary this fall after one of our friend had suggested it eventhough we had never been in that area. As soon as you drive in you can only notice how the house is impressive and we were even more suprised by how modern and cosy the entire house was when Ed (the owner) showed us around! We both thought the rooms were really nice, above anything I had seen in a B&B and every room had its own style (all great by the way!!) We had the queen room which was a little small but really well designed so we felt in our own little buble, which was perfect for us!! We loved the mattress so much, they were so comfortable that we actually ask for the name of the manufacturer! At breakfast, we had the chance to meet with Shirley and both owners were lovely to talk with. We had Hawai toasts for breakfast and again it was delicious!! The place was really great, calm and relaxing which makes it the perfect getaway !! We will be returning for sure for our next anniversary and we are already talking about spending a weekend over during the summer to relax trying it when we can have lots of relaxing time outside in the backyard of the B&B as our friends did!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
abadin, Owner at Abadin Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. We enjoyed having you as guests and are very glad you you felt comfortable at our house. Hopefully you will be able to come back during the summer time. We wish you a peaceful Holiday season!
Greetings from
Abadin B&B
p.s. If you don't mind we would like to get the pictures you took from our area here. Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near L'Orignal
Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
#1 of 1 in Hawkesbury
Hotel Lac Carling
Hotel Lac Carling
#2 of 2 in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge

Been to Abadin Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!