“Calm and lovely” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Bryanston B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Calm and lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I drove from Johannesburg airport. The gate was easy to miss but we found the place with GPS. It was good they have big security parking in the garden.
Room are very nice and cozy.
I like the most there was breakfast. We usualy skip the breakfast but here they have very lovely view and fresh fruit and eggs, so we enjoyed them every morning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I arrived at the Wesley last Wednesday the 6th of February for a 2 night stay.

On arrival, I am met by two ladies standing shouting at each other in the driveway. I then check in; go to the room as I had an important conference call to attend to. Afterwards, use the loo, to find the water to the toilet has been switched off and I am faced with a dilemma after using the toilet and it wont flush.. So I reach down to check if the water is turned off inside and it was... turn the water on and it sprays everywhere all over my expensive suit trousers (which have now shrunk).

I then try and find someone to report this to and spend 10 minutes standing in reception, eventually I go in search of someone... find a lady who now wants to inspect the toilet (very embarrassing). Anyway, she informs me she will get someone to look at it.

I then switch on the aircon and I thought I was being attacked, very noisy, asked them to fix that.. it wasn't so I eventually leave it and spend the time without using the aircon because it is too noisy.

On the day of my departure, at 07h30 in the morning (while I am in the shower), the same lady that checked me in and was shouting in the driveway, bangs constantly on the door and doesn't go away when I don't answer, so after shouting at her (from the shower) to go away (which she doesn't do, she keeps banging on my door); I get out of the shower, answer the door, to be asked "when am I checking out"? Check out time is 10.00 am I think... so why the hell is she banging on my door for 5 minutes solidly until I answer??? Totally beyond me.... Anyway, decided to get the hell out of there without having breakfast as by the I had now had enough.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Wade G
Seychelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I fell in love with The Wesley the first time I came across it online. It's location is a safe area and the hotel itself is secure and safe with electric gate and security guards. All the staff with no exception are very friendly and made us felt like home. Our room was more than what we were expecting. Large space, white antique furnitures. We just loved the hotel altogether. Breakfast was included in our stay which was very delicious. A very nice tropical garden with plam trees surrounding the swimming pool invited us for a swim. Our 3 year old boy was so comfortable and was at ease with every staff. I will definitely stay again at The Wesley on our next trip to SA. A big Thank you to The Wesley staff to make our stay a perfect and memorable one. All the best!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Grahamstown, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Owner Tina upgraded us to the executive room - very spacious with a massive bed and open bathroom. The shower and toilet are not visible from the rest of the room, it's just the bath in the middle of the room - great for watching my baby daughter. Loved the fact there is an honesty bar. Had great fun in the swimming pool where a friendly staff member brought us towels. Breakfast was good. It's not just for business travelers but also very suitable for families.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Polokwane, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Ideal room design for short or long staying guests. Value for money. Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Lovely view of the well maintained garden and pool area from the breakfast patio. The garden leading to the rooms needs a bit of TLC. Room amenities were of excellent quality. We’ll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 3 - Executive
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 61onireland
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

This hotel exists ever sice the World Cup. We had a great stay for 1 night (jan 4) with me, my friend and a baby. Because we are just friends and it was very quiet at the hotel we got a free upgrade to - i think - room #2. A nice gesture. The hotel is situated in a very secure area, the rooms are nice and spacious, although you have to decide if you like open plan bathrooms or not. The room had aircon, shutters, a wonderful and huge bed, and the gardens and pool are beautiful. Tina is a great host and breakfast was nice. All together, a great place to stay!
Since it was very quiet, the bar was closed, but they run a honesty bar if you feel like a drink, so all sorted!
It also makes a nice venue for parties.
Keep in mind you always need a car in Jozi, also for this hotel.
Good luck for the future, Tina & Crew.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Abuja
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed at the Wesley in bryanston for 5 nights and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Tina the manager and all the other staff truly understand the meaning of the word hospitality. Ask for anything and Tina will make it happen. I loved the room and the environment. The location in Bryanston which is a highbrow area of Joburg cannot be bit. I would certainly return and I highly recommend it to any traveller who is looking for a quiet and comfortable accommodation in Johannesburg.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the executive room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryanston
Annabel's of Bryanston
#1 of 16 in Bryanston
Grace Guest House
Grace Guest House
#3 of 16 in Bryanston

Been to The Wesley? Share your experiences!