“The best food iv had in AGES!!!!!!!”
Review of Swan Lake - CLOSED

Swan Lake
Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We heard about the place by work of mouth and we did know what we were in for but.... When we got there we were met at the door then taken to the table,when we were at the table the waiter took our order he told use all about it and he told us about where the food came from and thinks like that. When the food came out the smell the presentation of it was brilliant the taste of it was out of this world the flavours went well the staff were brilliant if you needed anything they were they to help. All of it was brilliant we will be defiantly coming back.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We went to the Swan Lake on recommendation and I can honestly say that we did not just get a lovely meal, but we were treated to a full evening meal experience. The food, service, and ambiance were out of this world. There were five in our party, including my 9 yr old, and we all agreed that this was the best food we had ever eaten. So many flavour combinations, all of which new to us, but our waiter explained in detail each meal, how it was made and ingredients used. We did push the boat out and had beers, bottle of wine, Russian vodka and teas '& coffee which put the bill up, but it was well worth it.
Thank you for a lovely evening, see you next time we visit the Forest .

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. We were warmly welcomed with a roaring fire in place. The decoration was interesting and the menu varied with English options available. I ordered beef stroganoff which was described as being made with fillet steak but after the first bite I knew this was either rump or sirloin as the taste and texture is completely different. I was very annoyed, but as I knew my husband had chosen the restaurant specially for me and was keen to have a romantic evening I said nothing. It did spoil the meal for me as I hate to be ripped off. Saying, that the rest of the food was lovely and the host was friendly and informative of his Russian heritage. He reminded me of Chekov in Star Trek, everything was invented in Russia!!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I found Swan Lake after doing a search online for a Russian restaurant in Gloucestershire and I was so glad we found it. My My Russian friend thought it was fantastic, as did I and we were extremley impressed with the quality of the welcome, service and food. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for excellent food

Reviewed 8 November 2013

An interesting concept - a Georgian restaurant in the Forest of Dean - and our group of 12 was keen to try it out. It worked on one level, as the staff were in traditional dress, and were keen to share their experience of Russia, and they certainly did everything to make our evening as good as possible, including giving advice on wine. However, while some of the dishes were very good (I liked the blinis with caviar as a starter, washed down with a shot of vodka), many were fairly average, and tended to taste much the same. It may well have been authentic, but it simply wasn't interesting or tasty enough. Worth one visit - we enjoyed our time there - but not one I would go back to.