“The only option in Douma”
Review of Hotel Douma

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Douma
Hotel Douma
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Douma
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in September 2013 for one night. Overall it's an average hotel, but is the only one available in the region. Expectations shouldn't be very high, but the beauty of the region compensates the stay. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The linen is clean as well.The views are terrific, especially that the hotel offers a panoramic view. Dining is not advisable, and I recommend visitors to dine at the village restaurant which is 2 minutes away. On a more negative side, I have to highlight that service is bad, on Sunday there is no room service !! And staff were not friendly at all, not responding request. I would only come again to spend time in this lovely village.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Douma

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel has a very nice location overlooking the gorgeous douma village and the mountains.my friends and I really enjoyed the stay.the rooms are very clean , spacious and newly renovated with a huge balcony.the lounge room is very cosy.you can enjoy the traditional lebanese breakfast on the charming terrace under the pine trees.the reception staff are very helpful.the circle shape of the hotel give the hotel a unique feature.if you are planning to stay for a weekend in douma you should not miss the best destinations in batroun mountains.firstly go for a hike on an altitude of 2000 in la reserve de tannourine which is only 30 min far from the hotel.as well you can pass by the famous sinkhole of balaa which is only 20 min far and bsatine el ossi is 15 min far.don't forget to do some sightseeing in the village of douma and taste their famous icecream.keep in mind to bring with u a light sweater or a scarf cause during the night it is a bit chilly. i advice it to all couples,families and friends.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Johnny K
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I spent 2 nights there in February with friends. Excellent view, very nice room (suite) and very nice village. However, the welcoming was average (except for one guy who was very friendly and concerned about our well being), extra beds give you backaches (they are terrible and very small), breakfast was very poor and on the first morning when we went down to have the so called "buffet breakfast" , they were surprised to find us there, as if they forgot abt us, and after waiting for about 15 minutes or a bit more, they brought us "breakfast": nothing was fresh and all was packed from the day before (tomatoes and cucumbers were dry! and boiled eggs were frozen). On the second day, we had a small incident were one of us couldn't find her purse (with all her money and passport in). The staff didn't seem very concerned with the problem (except for that guy) and weren't really helpful. The purse was found with all of its contents a few days later in the village and it was returned to her. Finally, I think if the hotel people would "recycle" it and work more on customer service, it would become a very nice place to be because of its location and the beauty of the village of Douma. Good luck!

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KryssR
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Is not a cheap hotel so they should offer some services and have a more helpful staff
Two beside table lamps, no one working... we tell the recepcionist, the answer was, there's no any other lamp in all the hotel
One bath tub, without plug, impossible to find one in all the hotel = no bath
Well let's go to the bar, take a drink and finally relax = no baileys, not liquors, only wine
Ok, lets go to bed... the bed was great, that's true

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beirutbarcelona
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

I've booked on internet a junior suit for 3 days (weekdays) with a $110/day, on arrival i got surprised that the price there is $90/day!!! They announce that i must get my reservation by phone to get this price and the additional $20 is for the website i have booked with!!!! Is this a swindle or a retard deal???

• Stayed: November 2012
cchouery, Manager at Hotel Douma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Mr. Rabih,
We apologize for the pricing mistake. Kindly contact us either by email (info@hoteldouma.com) or phone (01688747) at your earliest convenience for a refund. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED BY THE SERVICE...

I reserved a week ago (from writting this review) a room and was extremely eager to try it, i was even convincing my riends to try it with us, since it sounded very nice on the internet...

I received a call one day before my departure to Douma Hotel, the receptionist sounded a bit rude, but i didn't give it enough attention, she asked me if we are still on with our reservation, i answered her for sure.

then she said that i need to go rightaway to the nearest bank to pay my deposit else she will cancel my reservation. (i wonder why they didn't mention that when i reserved, i would have enough time to do it). i answered her that she is telling me that one day before my reservation date and it was noon time, so even if i leave now, i wont be able to do it.

then i told her, i'm sorry, the timing is very tight, i wont be able to do it, and i proceeded that i have been going around lebanon all summer long, none of the hotels asked for deposite. she rudly replied,i dont know what type of hotels you have been going too, aparently not good ones, but we are a descent one. i answered that it is not right to belittle other hotels, and that they are the same standard as their's. before even continue, she just"HANGED UP ON ME" i didnt even believe what happened.

i called her back 2 times, the first time she hanged up on my again without even talking, and the third when she answered. i just told her, please confirm my cancellation, since if this is your service at the reception, i wonder how it is going to be in your hotel...

WHAT A SHAME.... of all the hotels i've been, this is by far the worst service so far...

Room Tip: i wouldn't recommend it at all...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
cchouery, Manager at Hotel Douma, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

After reviewing our phone logs and records and investigating the following review with our front office employees, we did not find any similar incident or reservation or conversation.
This review is biased, misleading and fraudulent to say the least.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Every year , my family and I go , and this year we went and found out that they renovated everything except the toilets , btw the renovation is excellent , not bad for a 3star hotel in a village and they need to arrange the breakfast that's not very famous , and please let the wifi be free . There's no place on earth where the wifi isn't

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douma
Bauhaus
InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa
Serail Hotel Ehden
Serail Hotel Ehden
#5 of 7 in Ehden

Been to Hotel Douma? Share your experiences!