“My husband is still raving about this trip”

Larry's Barge - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer day/half day and three day river cruise trips on the beautiful and undiscovered River Barrow located in the South East of Ireland. Sit back and enjoy breath-taking scenery, this is unspoilt Ireland …at its best !
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked this trip via the 'net with no real idea of where the Barrow River was in relation to Dublin. I can not tell you what fabulous hosts Larry, Georgina and Flint were during our trip. Nothing was too much trouble to make our trip perfect. Larry does a mean breakfast, while the lunches stretched into dinner.
The scenery was very special so quiet at time you could only hear your own breathing. We loved it . If in Ireland take a few days /day trip with Larry and Georgina and you will find your own special memories.

2  Thank Stephanie60PethWA
There are newer reviews for Larry's Barge - Day Tours

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

If you want a real treat this is for you.beautiful scenery,serenity, and a sense of timelessness are my memories of our day trip on the barge~ a perfect day.
Larry and georgina are warm and professional
hosts.The interior is cleverly fitted out.Appetizing lunch provided.Flint the dog a welcome addition.11 out of ten is my overall
score for the trip.
A real treat for you and yours. Enjoy. Aine

2  Thank Aineb186605
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We did'nt know much about the River Barrow before our visit but now will never forget it! We went on a day trip with Larry and it was fabulous and I could'nt recommend it highly enough. We set off from St Mullins heading towards Graiguenamanagh and past there for about another hour or so on the boat. The river is a gem, beautiful, peaceful, interesting landscape and historic sights, we visited Duiske Abbey in Graiguenamangh and had a walk around the town. The locks were exciting to go through especially the double lock just beyond the town. It's facinating to think they are over 200 years old and still working. Also saw lots of herons and heard all sorts of other bird sounds that I don't know what they were. I can imagine mooring up for the evening along the riverbank and I was sorry not to have booked a longer trip, We brought some lunch, but Larry had laid on scones and coffee so we got stuck into them instead! Bring rain gear just in case, we were lucky enough not to have to use ours. All in all a great day out.

3  Thank Emily K