“The Hero”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hero

The Hero
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“The Hero”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Mrs G and I and the family have been to this pub many times over the past 20-25 years. We can remember when it was a bit of a dive and the food wasn't that great but that is now a long distant memory. The Hero nowadays serves some cracking food alongside some great local beers. We've never been here in the evening and typically come for lunch after walking along the coast from Wells Next Sea to stoke up an appetite. The quality of the food is generally good and the portions are good to generous. I personally love the crab sandwiches they serve here. For a good, solid, Norfolk pub experience, The Hero is worth visiting.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alan G

Fakenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to go here on a whim as have never tried it before but what a gem. We arrived and found a lovely table in the corner. After looking at the menu we chose mackerel pate and whitebait to start followed by fish pie for myself, steak and kidney pudding for my husband and the burger for my daughter. When the starters and mains arrived they were huge, easily shared. The burger arrived on a wooden board which was a nice touch and had a generous portion of fries. My fish pie was probably the best I have ever had with huge pieces of fish and the right amount of sauce. It was so big I couldn't finish it but my husband did. The only thing that ruined our meal was a couple of rude customers on a different table who clearly thought they were important but that isnt The Hero's fault. We will definitely be back. Fantastic meal x

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank hungry1232013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Can't go far wrong visiting a pub on a nice sunny day and this fitted the bill well. Ok food, good service. Nothing spectacular but perfectly acceptable for a pub lunch. Very good overall.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank cannonfodder_12
Chester
“Nice surroundings, reasonable food and warm welcome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The food was good and the welcome was warm. The Chicken and Peanut Thai Patties I had for a starter was poor and I wouldn't recommend them. However, the Homemade 10oz burger was pretty special.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank WHW_Walker
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I arrived off the coast hopper bus just outside "The Hero",as I entered I was greeted by happy and lovely staff who quickly got me a drink. The restaurant is a bright and welcoming place. My friends and i sat outside in the court yard and we had some sandwiches which were made on beautiful granery bread.The restaurant was quite busy and the food took a little while to get to us but this was completly understandable. We enjoyed a coffee each and then got the coast hopper back. I'd recommend it.

• Visited July 2014