“What a great find!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marsden
The Olive Branch Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marsden
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Me and my partner wanted to celebrate our anniversary but was stuck for some where new to go. It's only when a colleague at work said "why don't you try the olive branch."
So we made our reservation for 7:30pm.
We thought we would arrive early for some pre drinks in the bar before our meal.
When we arrived all the staff where so welcoming and it had such a great atmosphere. They took our drink order and gave us some menus, once our drinks where finished we had our food order taken and then shown through to our table and given a wine list.

Inside is very quirky, nothing like I had expected. The dining area is well spread out and looks lovely

We ordered a bottle of prosecco and then shortly after our starters came.
This is where I just fell in love with the place, the scallops I had to start with we're the best thing I have ever tasted!!! I made my partner get the king prawns so we could share but honestly I couldn't let him. All the other tables seemed to get bread to dip in their scallops sauce but I didn't so I don't know if I was meant to order some.

For mains I had roast pork with mushroom sauce and mustard mash (minus the mushrooms as they kindly said they would do it without for me)

My partner had steak with the brandy sauce, mushroom and garlic sauce.

We shared a warm chocolate and pistachio Torte for dessert.

We went to sit back in the bar area and had a baileys whilst waiting for our taxi.

The food is just superb here we loved everything about The Olive Branch and I have already recommended it to my family.

Thank you Olive Branch for making our anniversary such a nice night :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Olive Branch Inn

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is the type of place you want to keep a secret, it's excellent. I booked a DBB package on a Saturday night as a surprise for my wife's birthday and out wedding anniversary. The room [Serengeti] was very nice, comfortable, clean and well equipped. We enjoyed an afternoon stroll down to Marsden along the canal and a pint of local brew [v. good] in the Riverhead before returning to the Olive branch for our evening meal. The food, along with the excellent, attentive and friendly staff, has got to be the star attraction to the Inn. The variety of choice, quality of ingredients, and preparation are outstanding. We really enjoyed meals which we have never tried before and were greatly impressed. We followed this up with Sunday lunch for all our family [6 adults and 4 children 5 - 10 years] Again the food and service were excellent, and very reasonable. A lovely stay and greatly appreciated by all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Had chateau Briand cooked perfectly has lovely atmosphere staff friendly always smiling only thing they need to sort is pot holes in car park but doesn't put us off !Girl in charge is brilliant doesn't always go perfect but she is great at sorting the situation

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked an overnight stay to do some walking in the area, which turned out to be spectacular, and we cannot praise the Olive Branch enough. From the moment we arrived until we left our stay was perfect. We booked the bed, breakfast and evening meal package and both dining experiences were exceptional. Every member of staff was friendly whilst maintaining utmost professionalism. We will recommend and return, well done Paul and your team.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LollyG23
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and wife stayed on a late room deal : The room was clean , decent size and had a very comfortable bed , quite at night, plent of tea , coffee if needed .

The resturant is without doubt, excellent : the serving staff do a fantastic job very efficient without being over the top .
This was matched by a kitchen that produced a wonderful taste experience : food expertly cooked,
well presented and piping hot .
Paul himself did the breakfast again , great !
We recommend that you give a try
you will not be disappointed if judged by our stay . We will return!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious and the staff are always smiling!
Everything about the Olive Branch is how food should be, yes a little more expensive but well worth it!
Booking online saved us 15% which is helpful and the new Sunday lunched fixed priced menu is well worth a visit!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank NicNic80
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Olive Branch experience was positive from our initial enquiry to the end of our break.
Paul and his team were efficient and friendly and every little thing was attended to. Nothing to much trouble.
Nice rooms, excellent food too.
Wish more placeds were like this.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsden
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Cambridge Hotel
Cambridge Hotel
#4 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to The Olive Branch Inn? Share your experiences!