“Bonfire Night”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marsden
The Olive Branch Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marsden
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

On our way from south from Scotland , we always try to stop at the Olive Branch.
Stayed on bonfire night , special set menu , the place was packed !!
No problem , same great standard of service , food etc
The treacle tart , was spectacular .
Great night !!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We booked the dinner, bed and breakfast a la carte package on a Saturday night to celebrate our birthdays in style - and what style!

The menu was varied, the food was high quality. Everything we ordered was beautifully cooked and presented.

All the staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed a comfortable night's sleep in a clean and warm room after a nightcap in the bar. The breakfast on Sunday morning set us up well for the day.

Thank you. We hope to be back very soon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Me and my partner wanted to celebrate our anniversary but was stuck for some where new to go. It's only when a colleague at work said "why don't you try the olive branch."
So we made our reservation for 7:30pm.
We thought we would arrive early for some pre drinks in the bar before our meal.
When we arrived all the staff where so welcoming and it had such a great atmosphere. They took our drink order and gave us some menus, once our drinks where finished we had our food order taken and then shown through to our table and given a wine list.

Inside is very quirky, nothing like I had expected. The dining area is well spread out and looks lovely

We ordered a bottle of prosecco and then shortly after our starters came.
This is where I just fell in love with the place, the scallops I had to start with we're the best thing I have ever tasted!!! I made my partner get the king prawns so we could share but honestly I couldn't let him. All the other tables seemed to get bread to dip in their scallops sauce but I didn't so I don't know if I was meant to order some.

For mains I had roast pork with mushroom sauce and mustard mash (minus the mushrooms as they kindly said they would do it without for me)

My partner had steak with the brandy sauce, mushroom and garlic sauce.

We shared a warm chocolate and pistachio Torte for dessert.

We went to sit back in the bar area and had a baileys whilst waiting for our taxi.

The food is just superb here we loved everything about The Olive Branch and I have already recommended it to my family.

Thank you Olive Branch for making our anniversary such a nice night :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is the type of place you want to keep a secret, it's excellent. I booked a DBB package on a Saturday night as a surprise for my wife's birthday and out wedding anniversary. The room [Serengeti] was very nice, comfortable, clean and well equipped. We enjoyed an afternoon stroll down to Marsden along the canal and a pint of local brew [v. good] in the Riverhead before returning to the Olive branch for our evening meal. The food, along with the excellent, attentive and friendly staff, has got to be the star attraction to the Inn. The variety of choice, quality of ingredients, and preparation are outstanding. We really enjoyed meals which we have never tried before and were greatly impressed. We followed this up with Sunday lunch for all our family [6 adults and 4 children 5 - 10 years] Again the food and service were excellent, and very reasonable. A lovely stay and greatly appreciated by all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Had chateau Briand cooked perfectly has lovely atmosphere staff friendly always smiling only thing they need to sort is pot holes in car park but doesn't put us off !Girl in charge is brilliant doesn't always go perfect but she is great at sorting the situation

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked an overnight stay to do some walking in the area, which turned out to be spectacular, and we cannot praise the Olive Branch enough. From the moment we arrived until we left our stay was perfect. We booked the bed, breakfast and evening meal package and both dining experiences were exceptional. Every member of staff was friendly whilst maintaining utmost professionalism. We will recommend and return, well done Paul and your team.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LollyG23
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and wife stayed on a late room deal : The room was clean , decent size and had a very comfortable bed , quite at night, plent of tea , coffee if needed .

The resturant is without doubt, excellent : the serving staff do a fantastic job very efficient without being over the top .
This was matched by a kitchen that produced a wonderful taste experience : food expertly cooked,
well presented and piping hot .
Paul himself did the breakfast again , great !
We recommend that you give a try
you will not be disappointed if judged by our stay . We will return!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsden
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
The Gate Inn
The Gate Inn
#1 of 1 in Diggle

Been to The Olive Branch Inn? Share your experiences!