“Vast improvement.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Marsden B&B and Inns
Huddersfeild
“Vast improvement.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Under new management & better for it. The menu's simpler, the food's fresher, the experience cosier...especially when the fire's going. Well done the new New Inn! Tripadvisor's telling me I have to write 200 characters but I've said all I need to say!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Yorks
Reviewed 1 April 2013

After a long dog walk we needed somewhere to eat that would welcome the dog as well as us! I could not fault the hospitality of The New Inn, really friendly and attentive staff. We sat in the Lounge area which was dog friendly and a really pleasant setting. The food was great and reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle J
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed their on my own as I was attending a wedding nearby and I was really impressed at the size and cosiness of the room - along with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The bar/restaurant looked really nice and had a relaxed atmosphere with fellow guests raving about the food. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. I'll def be returning!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
england
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at The New Inn on 22nd March with my best friends (one of which was getting married the next day) we had a lovely stay that was made even better by the helpfulness of the staff and owners of the New inn, they allowed us to get ready in the bar downstairs ad the previous owners had not passed on the details of the late check out that we had boomed so that we had time to get ready for the big day. They also organised a tractor to try to clear the way to hey green (it had snowed really heavily throughout the night and the previous day) the hotel my friend was due to get married in (as the owners of that particular place we're worried about it being a health and safety risk if they were to do it themselves!) and they gave us bridesmaids a lift to the hey green in their landrovers with the wedding car sandwiched between just to make sure we all managed to get there. They definitely went above and beyond to help make sure Hollie's and Matthews day was the perfect day they had been dreaming of. I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone at the hotel for helping to make it all possible. I will definitely stay here again if I ever need to stay in or around Marsden and couldn't recommend it highly enough to others, thanks again, Becky x x x

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank boo585
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Since the new owners took over in January they have made some really great improvements. It has changed from being a cold, uninviting, non atmospheric place to a warm, cosy and welcoming venue with a relaxed atmosphere. The new owners are enthuasistic and are striving to continually improve the food menu, drinks and surroundings.

It is really good to see some familiar faces from the original team and service with a smile is guaranteed if Danni and Sarah are working!

We have called in for just a drink and have also eaten several times. We have been very impressed with the changes to the menu and the quality and standard of the food. The food is now all freshly prepared to order - what a difference! The hand pulled beers are well kept and taste really good and there is a good wine choice.

The new owners and staff make everyone welcome and are happy to go the extra mile for customers.

Well worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sowerby Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at the new Inn with my bridesmaids the night before our wedding. Even though it was the end of March, there were 6 foot snow drifts and blocked roads, the worst I've ever known. After being told the road to the wedding venue was virtually impassable, the staff at the New Inn arranged for a tractor to plough the road and ensured two 4x4's were available to take the wedding party to the venue and reassured us they would make sure we got there. Definitely above and beyond. The rooms we stayed in were lovely and clean and warm, the breakfast was lovely and a very reasonable price. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed following a wedding, and as a family occupied three rooms. The rooms were warm and spacious, and afforded a good night's sleep for all. I cannot comment on the food, as we ate elsewhere. We would stay again.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Fueng2768
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsden
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Saddleworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Delph
Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel

Been to The New Inn? Share your experiences!