“Excellent!”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Marsden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Recently under new ownership the New Inn are getting everything right! Lovely (frequently refreshed) menu with something to suit all tastes. Since the New Inn has been taken over I have been in three times and each time the food, drinks and service have been fantastic. Keep up the good work all!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have now eaten in the New Inn 3 times since it was taken over by the current owners, and each time I have been impressed. The first time I ate there was for a night out with some of my friends, I had the burger with Parma ham and it was so delicious. Wine flowed and we had a great night. I have also eaten Sunday lunch there with my family, it was lovely and the kids menu was perfect for my two young kids. We have also tried the New Inn for their Sunday brunch, and it was such good value. Full English breakfast cooked to perfection, toast, juice and unlimited tea/coffee, all lovely. Free wifi too, bonus! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Under new management & better for it. The menu's simpler, the food's fresher, the experience cosier...especially when the fire's going. Well done the new New Inn! Tripadvisor's telling me I have to write 200 characters but I've said all I need to say!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 April 2013

After a long dog walk we needed somewhere to eat that would welcome the dog as well as us! I could not fault the hospitality of The New Inn, really friendly and attentive staff. We sat in the Lounge area which was dog friendly and a really pleasant setting. The food was great and reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle J
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed their on my own as I was attending a wedding nearby and I was really impressed at the size and cosiness of the room - along with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The bar/restaurant looked really nice and had a relaxed atmosphere with fellow guests raving about the food. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. I'll def be returning!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at The New Inn on 22nd March with my best friends (one of which was getting married the next day) we had a lovely stay that was made even better by the helpfulness of the staff and owners of the New inn, they allowed us to get ready in the bar downstairs ad the previous owners had not passed on the details of the late check out that we had boomed so that we had time to get ready for the big day. They also organised a tractor to try to clear the way to hey green (it had snowed really heavily throughout the night and the previous day) the hotel my friend was due to get married in (as the owners of that particular place we're worried about it being a health and safety risk if they were to do it themselves!) and they gave us bridesmaids a lift to the hey green in their landrovers with the wedding car sandwiched between just to make sure we all managed to get there. They definitely went above and beyond to help make sure Hollie's and Matthews day was the perfect day they had been dreaming of. I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone at the hotel for helping to make it all possible. I will definitely stay here again if I ever need to stay in or around Marsden and couldn't recommend it highly enough to others, thanks again, Becky x x x

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank boo585
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Since the new owners took over in January they have made some really great improvements. It has changed from being a cold, uninviting, non atmospheric place to a warm, cosy and welcoming venue with a relaxed atmosphere. The new owners are enthuasistic and are striving to continually improve the food menu, drinks and surroundings.

It is really good to see some familiar faces from the original team and service with a smile is guaranteed if Danni and Sarah are working!

We have called in for just a drink and have also eaten several times. We have been very impressed with the changes to the menu and the quality and standard of the food. The food is now all freshly prepared to order - what a difference! The hand pulled beers are well kept and taste really good and there is a good wine choice.

The new owners and staff make everyone welcome and are happy to go the extra mile for customers.

Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsden
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Briar Court Hotel
Briar Court Hotel
#10 of 14 in Huddersfield

Been to The New Inn? Share your experiences!