“Amazing Yoga Retreat - Meditations Beyond Words”
Come and join us here in the beautiful Valencian mountains!
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside
Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Meditate
See the world from a different perspective
Sunset at Yoga Sutra Shala
Practice yoga
Become healthy
Delicious healthy deserts with beautiful mountain views
Become strong
Relax at Yoga Sutra Shala
Learn to relax
Every cloud
Yoga blocks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 195 reviews

Reviews from our community

254jensa
Beniali, Spain
“Amazing Yoga Retreat - Meditations Beyond Words”
Reviewed 24 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Last week I enjoyed a fantastic 5 day retreat at the Yoga Sutra Shala with Namit and his fantastic team and family. Accommodation was good in the carefully decorated old hotel. The organic vegetarian food was fantastic and accompanied by Namits extensive knowledge of every single ingredient and how they should be combined for optimal nutrition.

The yoga was excellent and challenging with Namit constantly guiding each of us through breathing and postures individually . The series of 10 guided meditations by Namit was simply beyond any words I know. The meditations moved me deeply and opened an entirely new perspective to life based on the yoga principles of being connected, energy, harmony, balance, inner peace and happiness.

Highly recommendable. 6 stars out of five in my book. Enjoy.

Jens

Date of stay: October 2017
30 Oct 2017
Ah thank you Jens :) Well your advice has improved us too you know :) You and Greta are both very special people and we hope to meet you again soon :)

HaidiMUC
Munich, Germany
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I booked this retreat quite spontaneously based on the reviews at TripAdvisor, and I can now say that the reviews are all true, if not even understated. Whatever you are looking for, a beautiful peaceful place to stay, excellent healthy food, lovely hosts and/or holistic yoga education, you will find all of this in one place. I stayed at the Yoga Sutra Shala for 2 weeks, and I really enjoyed each and every minute there. So, if you want to do something great for yourself, go there! :-)

30 Oct 2017
Hey Conny

Thank you for such lovely words :) You know you have become our family after being with us for 2 weeks :) We miss you :)

Namit, Maru and Anya
Huw_Russe...
London, United Kingdom
“Blissful yoga and meditation in idyllic surroundings”
Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Namit is a wonderful host and his infectious enthusiasm for yoga, meditation and life in general will ensure that you have a wonderful break if you decide to stay with him and his family. The food is excellent, the rooms very comfortable and well-equipped, and the quiet mountainside village is beautiful. A lovely swimming pool and garden add to the whole experience.

Date of stay: October 2017
24 Oct 2017
Ah thank you Huw :) Your energy is really missed here :) A lot of people here would love to see you again one day :)

It was an honour to have met you :)

Heather W
“Relaxing and restorative yoga retreat”
Reviewed 17 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

A good mix of yoga, meditation healthy but delicious food and relaxation. I would recommend Yoga Shala to anyone who wants to go on a yoga retreat in a beautiful setting.

17 Oct 2017
Ah thank you Heather :) Glad that we convinced you that healthy food is tasty :)

Namit and the team :)
Enlanguag...
London, United Kingdom
“Positive, warm, healthy and balanced all around”
Reviewed 17 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

'Keep a half smile' - our faces relax and we focus on our breathing Inhale, pushing the sternum forward, exhale - drawing shoulders back. And we find ourselves in a perfectly balanced and graceful bhujangasana, cobrapose.

An extremely healthy week with ample laughing, deep yoga practice and constant learning. I don't think I've ever experienced such harmony in the group of total strangers. We all came for something different but all have left with the exact same feeling of gratitude. Early morning outdoor practice was my favourite - the smell of the burning incense and the only sound you hear was that of your breath during the pranayama. As the sun started to rise and we moved into standing asanas, our drishti concentration shifted to the grand views of el Forado. Facing the mountains while trying to get your perfect virabadrasana II was somethingelse ! It reminded me of India, where yoga and nature are inseparable.

Namit was our wonderful host and an exceptional yoga trainer. He didn't teach - he guided, gently and gradually, respectful of certain yogis' limitations, responsive to others' challenges. The week wouldn't have been complete without Amparo's deliciously nutritious meals and educating quotes where we learnt that "the Himalayan salt is only for the Himalayan people" and "Mr google doesn't always get it right". Her outstanding millet paella along with the fun cooking workshop blew everyone away and I promised it would be the first thing I'd cook when I got home.

It was hard to leave. I picked up my usual travel companion with its holiday weight and strong chocolate smell. All those carob pods from our beautiful garden as a reminder of the wonderfull week that had passed. The traces of the sand in the side pockets, the smell of the sea breeze (we had 1 naughty escape from the village down to the seaside!), the sound of the powerful metta meditation.. and I made a promise to myself that I'd keep these memories deep in my heart. And I made another promise - to always live n the resent and keep a half smile :)

Thank you Namit, this was a truly beautiful week.

22 Oct 2017
Hi Elvira

Thank you so much for sharing your half smile and your experiences from India :) It was such a warm experience having you here :)

Glad that you are keeping your promises :) Living in the present really makes life worthwhile :)

You wont believe how much we all miss you :)

You are a very special student :)

diane e
“The perfect place to be”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I went to Yoga Sutra Shala several times and always came back home with the same feeling of being a new person. The place is amazing, perfect for practicing yoga and meditation and the rooms are very confortable. Yoga and meditation is a long journey, and whether you are a beginner or a more advanced student, I will definitely recommand this place. The teachers are very experienced and I discovered there the meaning of loving kindness, compassion and sympathetic joy. The twice a day meditation and yoga practice gave us the oportunity to pratice actively and also plenty of time during the day to enjoy the swimming pool and the surroudings. Together with the organic and perfectly balanced meals, I will definitely recommand this place.

Date of stay: August 2017
17 Oct 2017
Hi Diane we cannot wait to see you again in winter :) Ah you bring so much happiness wherever you go :) It is an infectious happiness and we really miss you :)

Namit and Maru
DavidM121...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 10 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Yoga Sutra Shala is in a beautiful valley surrounded by orchards and run by a thoughtful team lead by Namit and Maru who delivered a week of peace and tranquility. This was my first experience of a yoga retreat and I didn't regret it. I felt like a guest in someones home. It was a joy to lapse into a gentle routine of twice daily yoga sessions and enjoyable meals with my fellow yogis and our teachers.

There was plenty of time to read by the pool, and explore the beautiful gardens and the valley where there is an excellent network of paths leading to some impressive natural features and a string of ancient moorish villages. A memorable highlight was a hike to la forada, a natural rock arch on a mountainous ridge overlooking the retreat, with panoramic views of the valley.

The food was a highlight with an organic, vegetarian and sustainable approach. It became a focus of conversation that helped to bond the diverse group of people who joined this retreat. At mealtimes Namits enthusiastic advocacy of better eating was infectious. Amparo the cook is a formidable woman eager to share her knowledge and her cookery class was an unexpected pleasure.

I left refreshed and relaxed.

11 Oct 2017
Hi David

Thank you for such lovely words :) So glad that you felt refreshed and relaxed :) It really was such a pleasure having you here and a real joy to teach someone already so knowledgeable :) Likewise mealtimes and conversations with you were thoroughly interesting :)

Namit
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.