Me and my fiance' went on a trip in Italy and Ghivizanno was our last stop before heading back to US. We stayed at Casa La Pace Bed&breakfast and I must say we had the best time of our lives! We so wished we could have stayed longer because 3days was not enough. We've been into nice tranquil places but there's nothing like this! This B&B is the perfect place to stay in Ghivizanno or even if you are planning to visit Lucca or Florence in Italy because:
- it is cheaper, for the price of staying in a nice B&B with the at-home feeling, super clean, comfy bed, you could be paying twice as much elsewhere or even more.
- has very nice and knowledgeable hosts, Pepper and Rusty, who can guide you and help you organize your itinerary and they are fluent in english and italian. It was a challenge for us to go around Italy and not know the language. I felt like we have maximized our stay there because of their professional assistance.
- serves amazing breakfast fresh everyday. I'm a big fan of trying local food everywhere we go. Also, you can go to nice restaurants in Ghivizanno with the best quality of food and wine, and pay a lot less than what you'll be paying in the cities.
- it has the most gorgeous view ever! We wake up each morning seeing the view from our room with the castle, trees, mountains, hearing the sound of fresh running water.
- it is really close to the trails if you like hiking. This place should be on top of your list if you like adventure. There's just so much to do and explore the area.
- it has a lot of history. Even the B&B itself was a big transformation. Although it went through a total renovation, I like how they restored the other parts of it so we get the feeling of the history.
- it is a perfect place to unwind, reconnect with your partner, get way from smog and feel refreshed. Casa La Pace is very relaxing, peace and quiet atmosphere. We are workaholics and I felt 10 times better going back to work in LA after this trip. I felt like I went on a retreat or an early honeymoon.
I wanted to share this with everyone so they can experience what I did. It is hard to sum it up, there's just a lot more to say, so I'll leave my last few words: priceless, euphoric and breathtaking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa La Pace Bed and Breakfast is in Ghivizzano, nestled in the Serchio Valley between the Apuan Alps and the Apennines. Ghivizzano is a wonderful medieval village with an historical center. We offer accommodations in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Casa La Pace has been completely restored and tastefully decorated. We have several common rooms where guests can gather by the fireplace, watch TV, or quietly read a book. We also offer Internet and wireless access for your convenience. We are a short train ride from Lucca, Pisa, & Florence. Nearby are several restaurants offering a wide variety of Italian dishes. There is also a bakery, a pastry shop, post office, and bar within walking distance. If relaxation is your ideal vacation, there are thermal bathhouses and spas nearby. For those who enjoy the outdoors, the Serchio Valley and the Garfagnana offer hiking trails, scenic mountains and dramatic gorges. Scattered throughout the valley are many medieval villages to explore, each with its own history, architecture, and cuisine. Casa La Pace Bed and Breakfast is perfect for exploring the beauty and history of northern Tuscany. ... more less