“I like the Lobster Pot”

Harlow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I like the Lobster Pot”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times, most recently April 25th to 29th 2014. My room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. I ate in the restaurant each evening having large, tender, tasty steaks, fresh fish in crispy batter - all very nice. Breakfast was on offer from 6.00am to 9.00am. I found the landlord, landlady and all the staff friendly and helpful. They are not servile and obsequious but I prefer to work on an equal footing with people - I don't expect them to be my servants. Can I suggest that if you do have a problem in any pub or restaurant, you should speak quietly to the staff, not complaining so that the whole room can hear! P.S. I was a woman travelling alone on this occasion and the landlord did not seem to have any problem with that. No, it is not 5 star hotel, but it does not claim to be. It is a nice local pub with comfy accommodation and good grub.

• Visited April 2014

Milford Haven, United Kingdom
“Fair Enough”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Located in the far West of Pembrokeshire, in a mainly tourist area. We went at lunchtime in quiet time of year, we had two very good bowls of soup, served with a smile.Two/three groups of walkers seemed equally happy. Atmosphere nothing special. But no sign of problems referred to in earlier reviews, we would certainly go again - on paper, the full menu looked good.

• Visited March 2014
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Horendous landlord!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

If you want a Basil Fawlty experience for real this is the place to go! The landlord is abusive and rude and physically barged me one evening. I will not go in there again even though I lived in the village for 13 years. The Griffin Inn in Dale is excellent with polite and friendly staff.

Visited November 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome and good food”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

After getting a soaking at nearby Martins Haven, we arrived hungry and wet and cold and were given a warm welcome. The pub had a nice friendly atmosphere and we had jacket potatoes with cheese and bacon and salad. The food was nicely cooked and presented and really hit the spot.
We then had a delicious dessert as well as a couple of cups of tea. Lovely clean place and friendly atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
UK
“Superb Sunday Lunch!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Popped in for Sunday lunch before a walk on the beach. Don't understand the negative reviews, as our experience was extremely pleasant. Huge portions delivered very quickly (We had the Beef). All staff were polite and friendly.
If we visit this area again, we will definitely return to The Lobster Pot for a superb 'pub grub' meal.

• Visited October 2013