We arrived by train from London, and did not have a car during our stay. We went for walks in the countryside from the hotel through green wooded valleys and across hills up to the moorland. The paths were sometimes overgrown. The scenery is unspoiled with lots of deciduous trees, ferns, and moss in the lower valleys. We saw lots of different types of mushrooms and toadstools. The scenery was often amazingly beautiful. We saw only one or two people on our walks.
The food was excellent, with the menu being based on tasting menus with a shorter "Market Menu" also available. When one of our party wanted simpler food, the chef made a short individual menu to choose from.
We visited the nature reserve nearby, which is large and varied with woodland, field and coastal areas.
My hotel room "Goya", was spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom had a shower and bath - everything looked new.
When we wanted to leave, the staff even offered us a lift to Machynlleth so we didm't need to wait for a taxi. The staff were always friendly and very helpful.
Overall, we had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ynyshir is a five star restaurant with rooms near the Snowdonia National Park, Aberystwyth and Machynlleth. The Michelin Star restaurant at Ynyshir is one of Wales' best contemporary fine dining destinations and holds four AA rosettes - one of only two restaurants in Wales to hold this distinction. Michelin Star chef Gareth Ward serves alternative British tasting menus using the very best of Welsh and British produce. The menus showcase the best of Welsh ingredients following the seasons, such as Welsh Wagyu Beef and Anglesey Onions throughout the year, as well as locally foraged sea herbs from the estuary and greens from the woodland floor and Ynyshir's extensive gardens. During hunting season expect to see wild deer and local duck, grouse and partridge, and in summer Welsh Lamb from the Dyfi valley. Gareth and his team pickle, salt, ferment and preserve fruits, leaves and berries carrying the harvests through the winter and into the spring. Expect to see dishes such as 'Not French Onion Soup', 'Mackerel Sweet & Sour' and Gareths take on a Tiramisu all served alongside a carefully selected wine-list whilst overlooking the Cambrian mountains and Ynyshir's extensive gardens Ynyshir has a total of ten luxuriously furnished guest rooms, each with its own unique style and character. There are seven rooms within the main house and three deluxe rooms directly adjacent. Each guest room has an en-suite with a separate bath and shower and feature premium Temple Spa products. Most rooms offer views over the gardens and Cambrian Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Eglwys Fach
- Ynyshir Hall Machynlleth
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Machynlleth
- Hall Ynyshir
- Ynyshir Restaurant And Rooms Wales, UK - Eglwys Fach