“Birthday Break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eglwys Fach
Spain
“Birthday Break”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ynyshir Hall for three nights for my birthday in June.
The hotel and grounds are very peaceful and tranquil. We enjoyed some wonderful walks in the very pleasant countryside and in the nearby RSPB sanctuary.
The room was very spacious but the bed was disappointing. Heavy blankets, not a quilt and the mattress did not fit the bed properly. Everything else had been upgraded! The bathroom was the last word in luxury. We were also a little disapponted not to have a kettle and tea and coffee facilities in the room or a fridge.
The views from the bedroom were fantastic.
The owner and staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed a wonderful massage in the wellness centre, but compared to the many other places I have had a massage, I felt it was a little expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MangoSpain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel for business back in 2010. If I knew trip advisor back then I would've definitely posted how happy I was staying there! All I can say is that is the most perfect hotel I have ever been to! It's a dream come true! Lively rooms, lovely garden, lovely food and their lovely dog Oscar is just a sweetheart.
I love it and if I could chose a hotel for my husband and I for our anniversary that would be it. My room was just heavily, spacious and perfect. I also knew that Richard Gere went there before. They also name the rooms after artists and it's just chic!
Keep it up!

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dinagh82
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have planned a whole trip this year simply for the pleasure of returning to Ynyshir Hall - it feels like a home away from home and there has been a new chef added to the mix who is surely set to guarantee the dining room a Michelin star, if there's any justice... then there's the newly built "wellness" centre which will surely be a further oasis in this perfect setting. Proprietor Joan Reen runs a wonderfully welcoming establishment offering the best of everything - can't blame her for the weather!

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely suited to individual styles so I reckon, find your favourite....:) You'...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Morgan C
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Goya on a beautiful sunny weekend. Loved the bathroom and the spaciousness of the room. Very clean and one of the comfiest beds I've slept in. Such a peaceful hotel. Lovely little bar area. Owners lovely as was their Bernese Mountain dog Theo. thinking of going back very soon.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jilllian
Chester United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Ynyshir Hall is set in really picturesque grounds next to an RSPB nature reserve. Upon entering the grounds you are met with the beautiful hall facing toward the drive and overlooking the gardens.
My wife and I were staying at Ynshir as a present from our son for my wife's birthday. After check in we were escorted to our suite Miro which is really lovely. Miro is spacious, full of character with lots of wood and glass, in fact the side facing the gardens is all glass and has a very nice balcony to sit out on and admire the views. The bathroom is large and very well fitted out with a lovely bath tub overlooking the gardens.
Our stay included breakfast and a truly wonderful dining experience.
We selected the eleven course menu with wines, yes eleven and every course was excellent . Maybe I could have selected a favourite but that would imply that the other courses were less of a delight which would be wrong. During my sixty years on planet Earth I have eaten many a tasty treat as my figure would testify to, but never better than at Ynyshir. After dinner chef came into the dining room to chat with diners and like all the staff without exception he made everyone feel so welcome.
Assuming you have seen the tariff and you are prepared to spend this sort of money you cannot be disappointed with a visit to Ynyshir.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ianoona
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just wanted to complement Andrew and Gareth and the rest of the staff at this this fabulous hotel on their excellent hospitality, service and cuisine. It was such a treat -from the sumptuous rooms to the superb tasting menu. Our 4 children were also made to feel very welcome + loved the food & the beautiful gardens. We all want to return asap!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mtab06
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stopped off here for tea & scones. We were greeted by a friendly young man with a big smile and warm welcome called Andrew. We sat in a bright and attractive lounge where our tea, coffee and scones where served. Really enjoyed the 'fresh from the oven' cheese scone with Marmite butter and the plain scone with jam and clotted cream. All presented beautifully. Before leaving we asked for a brochure. Andrew brought us a couple and then asked if we would like to look around before we headed off home. I am so glad we did. Ynyshir Hall is beautiful. The bedrooms lovely and the gardens gorgeous. We were shown the new garden rooms and they were fabulous. It's definitely on our list for our next break. Thank you Andrew.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Machynlleth
Conrah Hotel
Conrah Hotel
#3 of 13 in Aberystwyth

Been to Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms? Share your experiences!