My husband and I stayed at Ynyshir Hall for three nights for my birthday in June.
The hotel and grounds are very peaceful and tranquil. We enjoyed some wonderful walks in the very pleasant countryside and in the nearby RSPB sanctuary.
The room was very spacious but the bed was disappointing. Heavy blankets, not a quilt and the mattress did not fit the bed properly. Everything else had been upgraded! The bathroom was the last word in luxury. We were also a little disapponted not to have a kettle and tea and coffee facilities in the room or a fridge.
The views from the bedroom were fantastic.
The owner and staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed a wonderful massage in the wellness centre, but compared to the many other places I have had a massage, I felt it was a little expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ynyshir is a five star restaurant with rooms near the Snowdonia National Park, Aberystwyth and Machynlleth. The Michelin Star restaurant at Ynyshir is one of Wales' best contemporary fine dining destinations and holds four AA rosettes - one of only two restaurants in Wales to hold this distinction. Michelin Star chef Gareth Ward serves alternative British tasting menus using the very best of Welsh and British produce. The menus showcase the best of Welsh ingredients following the seasons, such as Welsh Wagyu Beef and Anglesey Onions throughout the year, as well as locally foraged sea herbs from the estuary and greens from the woodland floor and Ynyshir's extensive gardens. During hunting season expect to see wild deer and local duck, grouse and partridge, and in summer Welsh Lamb from the Dyfi valley. Gareth and his team pickle, salt, ferment and preserve fruits, leaves and berries carrying the harvests through the winter and into the spring. Expect to see dishes such as 'Not French Onion Soup', 'Mackerel Sweet & Sour' and Gareths take on a Tiramisu all served alongside a carefully selected wine-list whilst overlooking the Cambrian mountains and Ynyshir's extensive gardens Ynyshir has a total of ten luxuriously furnished guest rooms, each with its own unique style and character. There are seven rooms within the main house and three deluxe rooms directly adjacent. Each guest room has an en-suite with a separate bath and shower and feature premium Temple Spa products. Most rooms offer views over the gardens and Cambrian Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Eglwys Fach
- Ynyshir Hall Machynlleth
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Machynlleth
- Hall Ynyshir
- Ynyshir Restaurant And Rooms Wales, UK - Eglwys Fach