“More than a cafe”
Review of Caffi'r Ceunant

Caffi'r Ceunant
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe offering home cooked meals and delicious cakes and puddings at affordable prices. Our Policy is to provide satisfying meals with a smile and plenty of banter. Please note we do not accept credit or debit cards as this keeps our costs down to our customers. We are NOT LICENSED but you are welcome to bring your own wine etc, and glasses will be provided at no corkage charge - aren't we kind! :-) We do respectfully ask though that all soft drinks are purchased from us. We are open Wednesday through to Sunday, from 10 until teatime (no set time as when its busy we stay open a while, and if it's quiet we go home and catch up with our home lives!). Reservations of tables can be made on any of our open days. We also cater for private functions and events, please ask for details. The cafe can be booked for an evening dinner upon advance notification and availability, for a minimum of 16 people on a full 3 course dinner. We also can come to you - need help at home to provide catering for a function, whether a buffet, sit down meal, barbecue, tapas party, nibbles or even a waitress to serve drinks and keep order - if its possible we can sure help you! Please contact me via email for finer details on what we can provide to make your celebration a relaxing one.
Wales, United Kingdom
“More than a cafe”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I came across this lovely cafe last year,one rainy day while I was driving through Abergynolwyn. I have stopped here several times since to enjoy a bit of lunch or a coffee. I am looking forward to having a sunday lunch there one of these days. There is a lovely atmosphere here and the little balcony is great on a sunny day. I particularly enjoyed the colourful salad with homemade quiche and new potatoes. This is a busy little place at times which I think must be a good sign.Its also nice to hear the Welsh language being spoken all around.Very friendly with a great menu,nice wholesome food.A special place.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Llyngwyn

Tywyn, United Kingdom
“Best little Cafe in Wales!”
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I have visited this cafe many times now and am always amazed at the choice of delicious food available, sharp yet friendly service, interesting music, great atmosphere, and the speed of which top restaurant quality meals are prepared, professionally plated and served, for cafe prices!
Whether you are in the mood for a quick cuppa, or want a full lunch menu, I would not hesitate to recommend this Cafe.
On a personal note, I am a vegetarian and this is the first Cafe, not specifically catering for vegetarians, I have been to where I have had as much choice as a non vegetarian. The willingness of the staff to make me the same meal with a delicious substitute for the meat option was fantastic.
If you are passing, its a must to call in, if you're not passing, make a detour for it, you wont regret it.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank Chrispy49
Wales
“A little treasure!”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I have dined here several times and have always found the quality of the food and service to be first class. Without doubt, this is the best place in the area for superb, home-made food (avoid Tyn Cornel like the plague now - it's dirty and run down!!) We have had many parties and gatherings at Caffi'r Ceunant and the service is always personalised and spot on. There is a function hall attached to the venue which can be hired at a very modest rate. Tommy and Hils who run the cafe have many years of local experience which clearly shines through. Go to Caffi'r Ceunant; you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank simon34
England
“A Brilliant Find”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

An excellent cafe with only one drawback...there is only one. the food is utterly superb and the price is amazing for the quality it offers.
Tommy Rowlands and everyone who works there have outdone themselves yet again in not only bringing comfort to the cafe but also bringing a friendly atmosphere that is most uplifitng. i would go back again and wold strongly recommend this to anyone who has visited tynycornel and was un-impressed with the service

2 Thank Newguy101