“We can't fault this welcoming bed and breakfast”

Abercelyn Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Llanycil B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“We can't fault this welcoming bed and breakfast”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We have stayed at this great bed and breakfast several times over the last few years.
What brings us back? The tranquil setting, stunning views, easy access to Snowdonia National Park, delicious breakfasts, comfortable/ tastefully decorated rooms and the warm welcome we always receive from the owners.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
Reviewed 20 July 2011

A lovely house in a very pleasant setting, with kind and hospitable hosts, Lindsey and Ray who are most welcoming as well as knowledgeable with lots of good advice.
Breakfasts excellent and rooms comfortable, nothing seems to much trouble.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Cirencester
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My son & I arrived in Bala to expericence some whitewater rafting & kayaking. We had a fantastic 2-days being coached by Ray, first on the lake & on our last day we experienced some whitewater - it was brilliant! I will be back with the whole family next year. Coming off the water and back to lindsey's home made cakes & tea was fab! Thank you we will be back

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed here at first with my family and recently with a friend so we could walk up Snowdon. The room was comfortable, clean, spacious and had everything we needed. Lindsay and Ray were very welcoming and hospitable and cooked us delicious breakfasts. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This was the first time I have ever stayed in a bed and breakfast establishment - and I was slightly nervous as I was travelling alone. I arrived at 9.30pm on Friday evening - it was pouring down and I must have looked like a drowned rate upon arrival. However, I was offered a lovely pot of tea and homemade cake and was shown to my room. The room was tastefully decorated and homely. The room was immaculately clean - and as I have my own cleaning company, this is one of the first things I tend to notice. I slept well and was woken by the sound of sheep. The breakfast was excellent with freshly squeezed orange juice and home made bread - perfect.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank katrina65
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Lindsay and Ray were fantastic, the B&B was just perfect for our stay. The rooms were large, very comfortable and clean with a homely feel. The homemade flapjack in the room was a lovely touch.

The breakfasts were incredible - homemade bread, eggs, sausgaes, cereals - plenty of choice for people with different tastes. With a variety of fruit juices/ coffee and teas.

Lindsay and Ray were very approachable and friendly advising us of local pubs for evening meals which made for a very pleasant stay. I have recommended the B&B to friends and family already!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My wife & I stayed at Ray & Lindseys wonderful B & B for our 30th wedding anniversary, we arrived early but were still shown to our room which was ready for us, the room was excellent, large & very clean, the bathroom was also large with everything you needed in it, the robes were soft & fluffy. Breakfast was to die for, the choice was excellent, home made bread, preserves,& fresh orange juice along with a full Welsh breakfast or smoked haddock with poached eggs what more could you need to get you through the day. We loved Bala & if we return would definitely book at the Abercelyn. Thanks again for a wonderfull stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanycil
Plas Yn Dre
Royal Oak Hotel
#3 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel
Frondderw Country House

Been to Abercelyn Country House? Share your experiences!