“We will go again”

Ranked #1 of 1 Llanycil B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“We will go again”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here for the weekend and really enjoyed it. Very friendly and warm welcome from Ray and Lindsay. Our room was very nice, spotlessly clean with a very comfy bed that had really good quality linen/pillows and a great shower.
The breakfast was fantastic, plentiful and delicious. It would be a mistake to say "no" to the homemade bread! They even offered to serve brekkie super early on the sunday so my husband could eat before racing his Triathlon.
We would definitely stay here again, probably for the triathlon next year!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 June 2013

A wonderful place, we would thoroughly recommend it. Wonderful breakfast, very warm welcome. Our room was on the road side, but was really quiet. Lindsay was an excellent host, always there if needed, and made us feel like friends, not guests.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2013

other reviews have summed up the Abercelyn, we would definately return next time we visit the Bala area, well done, congratulations to Lindsay and Ray for an excellent relaxing atmosphere. Breakfast was excellent, very tasty and freshly prepared. Room was comfortable and clean. Bed very comfy. Room facilities where all we needed. Hosts very welcoming but not intrusive.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great location, accommodation, food and service - huge attention to detail in every respect. As we said in our other feedback, other B&B's should have a stay to see how it should be done! Lindsay & Ray take a bow, you deserve it!

London
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We had just the loveliest time at Abercelyn.
Lindsay was the most welcoming of hosts (tea and delicious home-made cake on arrival), talking us through the House and all of the stacks of information that she and Ray have built up on the surrounding area, hillwalking and other activities, good local restaurants, etc.
The room was beautiful - , large, very tastefully decorated, spotlessly cleaned by the friendly staff, and with a great window seat. Fab. bath robes too- in a B&B!!! The gardens are also a delight- Lindsay is rightly proud of them.
But the best bit of all was breakfast - just fantastic, home-cooked food, with very obviously quality ingredients from local suppliers.
Thank you, Lindsay and Ray, for a very special stay - I'm sure that we'll be back!

York
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Abercelyn Bala B&B

I booked in at Bala Watersports to do my RYA Seamanship dinghy skills course. My aim was to get accommodation close and quick to the centre. Not really for relaxation and pleasure but I am really glad I stayed here because I got superb relaxation and pleasure.

First thing is that you are asked to take your footwear off at the front door. This seems like a good idea to me when you have light coloured carpets.

I was met and shown to my room. In addition, was given a small flask of fresh milk each day for my tea and coffee. The room was clean are well decorated and comfortable. If I had any non positive comment it was the low energy light bulbs, but that is just my personal dislike. (LED are better). I had a really good nights' sleep but was up early to catch up with some work using the WiFi. There were no problems with bandwidth and I got my VPN up fine. Very good and very easy.

Breakfast was just a delight. We picked our breakfast via a selection list. The eggs were home free range and you could tell. The yolk was that lovely orange colour. I remember this from my own hen many y ears ago. The bread was home baked and the marmalade was thick cut home made. Very nice. Bacon was that nice thick cut stuff. I presume it was local produce. All very tasty.

Abercelyn is close to Bala for travel but far enough away to give you the feeling of isolation.
It was the attention to detail that I have only seen in 5 star hotels that did it for me. Very relaxing stay indeed.

Excellent drying facilities for Wetsuits and all your wet clothing.
I think this was one of the best B&B's that I have stayed in.

Gary

PS I have noticed that some reviewers have only given 4 stars in the review for Value for money. I have stayed in many places at twice the price and half the quality.

Room Tip: I had a side view but it was fine. I don't sit looking out of the window all day.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary C
walker-paddler, Owner at Abercelyn Country House, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Gary
We are pleased that you enjoyed staying at Abercelyn Country House. On a matter of clarification we only suggest that guests should not wear walking boots in the house.
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

we found Abercelyn fantastic for a cycling and walking weekend away. It is walking distance along pedestrian and cycle paths to Bala for easy access to the town, but also direct access to minor roads into the Welsh country side. Lindsay and Ray had good knowledge of the local area and were very willing to share it. The food was excellent with more choice for breakfast than we have seen anywhere else. A nice touch was tea and cake on arrival.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanycil
White Lion Royal Hotel
#1 of 24 in Bala
Bodiwan
Bodiwan
#2 of 24 in Bala

Been to Abercelyn Country House? Share your experiences!