“Top location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Maderas
Hostel Los Tres Hermanos
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hostel is located right on the beach, which is really cool for surfers, because you surf alone in the mornings (before all the shuttles from sjds arrive). The rooms are basic and clairaudient, but the location is worth it. Unfortunately there are just two bathrooms for all the guests!!!

Room Tip: Take a room at the beach front
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hostel Los Tres Hermanos

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night as our trip was very whistlestop.
It was one if the few places we went on our trip that was direct on the beach. It's very basic, expect no air con, or probably electric, but that's kind of the point. The bar is also on the beach which was lethal for us as we got too drunk to surf, but we had an amazing view whilst we had out tonas and daquiris.
Be prepared for no lights at all at night, and I feared after going to the loo at night that I'd got back into bed with the wrong person, torch recommended !!
It was just perfect really. No stress, no worries, simple beautiful life.
I wish we'd had longer, and infact wish we had missed San juan del sur and gone straight there.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hostel has an awesome location. Oceanfront. We booked the private room for $20/night. If you want to be right in front of the beach and not trek up and down a hill to get there, this is where you should stay. We saw a whale one early morning right from the top floor. There are dogs on the property, 2 cats and an albino rabbit who tried to hop into our room more than once. The bathrooms are shared and unfortunately not cleaned regularly enough. One morning I went to use the bathroom and could smell a horrible smell from around the balcony. Sure enough the toilet was full of crap. Not sure when it was finally cleaned. Luckily there are 2 bathrooms. When non guests visit this beach they come up to use these shared bathrooms. The room itself was adequate with a mosquito net and fan.
This is a party hostel. When I went to use the bathroom at 2AM there were some people on the beach drinking and smoking. In the early morning I woke up 6AM, the same people were still drinking on the beach.
We toured the neighboring hotels/hostels and this one has the best location. We heard there is another hostel directly on the beach (Matilda's?) and probably a little more low key.
We ate delicious egg burritos at the restaurant right beside this hostel. They also had great pizza there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hostel is a little piece of paradise and the staff was what made may stay so enjoyable. My boyfriend and I only planned on staying for a couple of days and when we got to maderas we didnt want to leave. The 3 brothers and one of their girlfriends are some of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. The hostel is right on the beach and the waves are perfect for beginners or advanced surfers. We were beginners and one of the brothers even offered to help us learn. We will definitely be back and as I said before, if I could give them more stars, I would!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, beautiful beach! I had an amazing time and met some amazing people! Theres a really good vibe here:) (Simple accommodation and a little pricey, but beautiful and way worth it.)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed here a week in a private room (20$/night). The location is amazing, you are 50 feet from the beach which is why we stayed so long. But it really is not a clean hostel at all. I'm not sure about the other reviews on here, but I found the three brothers to be really unfriendly.The kitchen was the dirtiest I've ever seen, so don't plan to cook in it (flies, food left everywhere). Also, they run out of water all the time (like you cannot flush the toilets or wash your hands, and with 50 people doing that in the heat, you're going to have a bad time.

If you are looking for a party hostel this is it, bonfires often, club music all day all night. But if you want a more chill time, honestly, walk up the beach to Matilda's. You can have cheaper, wayyyy nicer acomodations right on the beach, and you are a 6min walk away from the party

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water away from the gross washrooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank C C
Reviewed 21 January 2013

If you're a surfer, this is the place for you. Great waves every day.
It's a little hard to get to, but once you're there.. you're locked in.

Fish tacos were great! Beer everyday!

Cold showers here everyday, but trust me you don't want a hot one, and there wasn't any electricity at night. I hope you like candle light!

Definitely don't leave your ipods, ipads.. etcs out. No explanation needed.

It's about 25mins out of San Juan Del Sur.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
#3 of 3 in Playa Maderas
Mango Rosa Nicaragua
Mango Rosa Nicaragua
#1 of 4 in Playa Marsella

Been to Hostel Los Tres Hermanos? Share your experiences!