“WAY beyond expectation!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Maderas
Buena Vista Surf Club
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Playa Maderas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I booked 8 nights at BVSC recently based on reviews from this website. The pictures do not lie! In fact, the photos do not do justice to the beauty and scope of this place. I came with high expectations and left more than impressed! Like many have already said, Marc and Marielle are incredible, sociable hosts/owners and have done one hell of a job building this hotel. The current live-in hosts, Flora and Bart are amazing as well! They do a great job of integrating with the visitors and you end up feeling as if you are all there together as friends. We had great times together!

Echoing other reviews, the food was AWESOME! I eat quite a bit and was concerned that the portions would not be enough for me. On the contrary! I filled my stomach at every meal with more left over. The communal meals were a great way to meet the other guests (I was traveling alone). Bart's surf lessons were great. The beach was fantastic. Excellent surf. My room was super cozy with a spectacular view of the jungle with the ocean in the background. A day trip with the group to Hermosa Beach was a ton of fun!

I travel a lot and this was definitely one of my greatest travel experiences! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: They all looked quite nice. I stayed in number 1. There were great views of the jungle and ocean. I...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank RBerecky

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Andrew and I had been looking forward to this portion of our Central America trip for a very long time, not only did Buena Vista blow all our expectations away but everyone we happen to meet at the Lodge and in the area, made it even more special. Bart & Flora were our hosts alongside Marc and Marielle, what a hilarious, amazing team, everyday was super enjoyable with all of them, great conversation and incredible food, really incredible food! :D We loved it so much we extended our stay and they were extremely accommodating with that, we also enjoyed a day trip to Playa Hermosa with a bunch of guests from the lodge and had an absolute blast and yoga with Flora on a few mornings, probably the best way to start the day! I would ignore or laugh at the negative reviews of Buena Vista, definitely small minded, non travellers! :D We will be back again, without a doubt in my mind! Thanks again Marc and Marielle, you guys have done an amazing job, cant wait to meet again, keep in touch. Bianca and Andrew :)

Room Tip: We stayed in treehouse 4 and it was superb! and stayed in the Casita
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BiancaAndrew
Reviewed 9 April 2014

San Juan Del Sur was not our favorite destination... Buena Vista Surf Club saved the day! Staying here is like staying at the ridiculous beach house of the coolest friend you wish you had. The property is spectacular. Our room was wonderful, with an amazing view of the ocean. The hosts... we can't say enough wonderful things about the hosts. Bart, Flora, Liam, Carla were unforgettably warm and welcoming. The meals are terrific (breakfast was the highlight for me.. the crepes!!) We took advantage of all the offerings. The surfing lessons, the yoga, the horseback rides on the beach. A+ for everything.

The only negative - the walk/drive up the hill was a drag.

Room Tip: We had bungalow 1. It was perfect. Great view. Closest one to the main house. We didn't see...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian J
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed in the beach house for four days with our two children, (4y old and a 4 month old). The house is spacious en light. The views from the deck are beautifull, pictures cant describe it, especially the sunsets. The house has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a nice kitchen with everything you need. The doors to the deck has some small gaps, so some small insects will get in, but what do you expect, your a long way from the hilton! There is no problem if you use a net. I went to go surfing with liam, he gave me some good pointers to get up to the board in no time. Down the beach are 3 small bars where you can have a meal and a drink. The drinks we had there were good, the food wasn't that great. You can also have a meal at the surf club itself.
We had a great stay at a wonderfull location, it is a bit remote, but worth the trip, you will see the wildlife , and if you are lucky a whale or dolphin, from your deck. For us it did feel like paradise.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Danny R
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at buena vista for 5 nights which was an amazing experience. Liam, Carly, Jesse and Kent were great hosts (and solid cooks as well) which, combined with such a nice beach nearby and morning howler monkeys, made for a fantastic holiday. thanks guys!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Stuart C
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at Beuna Vista Surf Club Eco Lodge at Playa Maderas for 4 nights as part of a 2 month trip through Costa Rica, Nicaragua and San Salvador.
We loved this place the most, design of accommodation is awesome, really cool huts, great views, and common area is brilliant.
Attracts some very cool people from around the world, we enjoyed meeting everyone there over communal dinner and made some great friends.
Beach is really nice, and the guys running the place were brilliant,
Made for such a great lasting memory.
Make this place a must stay on your itinerary if coming to Nica.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the BVSC in February 2014 with two friends. We were a group of three ladies traveling together, and we could not possibly have had a better experience. We stayed in Cabana #4, and it easily accommodated the three of us, in separate twin beds. The resort is charming and simple. We felt very welcomed, and the hosts, Carla, Liam, Kent, and Jessie went out of their way to make our trip memorable. We really enjoyed Carla's morning yoga class, and also enjoyed surfing lessons from Jessie. Playa Maderas is a quick walk down the hill, and it is a small, relaxing surfer beach. There are three restaurants to choose from for lunch at the beach. The dinner each night at the hotel was prepared by the hosts, and they are fantastic cooks. We enjoyed every meal. They used fresh ingredients, and kept the menu healthy and interesting. I cannot encourage other travelers to consider this hotel enough. I would not trade our four days there for anything, it was simply perfect. The owners of the hotel, Marc and Marielle were also quite welcoming, and we enjoyed chatting with them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Meghan D
BVSCNicaragua, Owner at Buena Vista Surf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hola,

Thanks for the cool review!

It was great meeting the 3 of you and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Hopefully we will see you back in the near future!

Marc & Marielle

1 mi away
Mango Rosa Nicaragua
Mango Rosa Nicaragua
#1 of 4 in Playa Marsella

Been to Buena Vista Surf Club? Share your experiences!