“Just great”
Review of Fron House Tea Room & Garden - CLOSED

Fron House Tea Room & Garden
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Having just has a gentle stroll accross Telford's Aqueduct, called in for tea and cake in the tea garden.....all the cake beautifully home-baked and a pot of tea in vintage china cups, all in a garden overlooking the canal.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

At the end of a long walk, the tea and cake at Fron House certainly hit the spot! The quality of the tea and the various homemade sponge cakes chosen by our group were top notch and nicely served by the pleasant staff. The tea room, garden and its location by the canal are idyllic. A great way to finish off a day out in the Llangollen / Trevor area. Will definitely return.

1  Thank gymuser
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We called in here for an afternoon snack after crossing the Froncysyllte Aqueduct on foot. The range of food on the menu made it difficult to choose but eventually we opted for the Welsh Rarebit which was a meal in itself taking into consideration the size of the salad. Being a hot summer’s day we followed this with an ice cream dessert and cold ginger beer. All were delicious, well prepared and presented. Also good value for money and with friendly staff.
The location itself is idyllic surrounded by superb gardens overlooking the Llangollen Canal whether you prefer to sit in the shade or in the sun- as we did.
People rarely mention toilet facilities but I can’t avoid it here because not only was it fresh, beautifully decorated but so immaculately clean that if forced, I’d happily eat my food off the floor there- unheard before on my travels through Wales and England.

1  Thank Eiona_R
Reviewed 7 July 2013

A short while ago, I visited this traditional tea room, because I wanted to give a visiting foreign student the genuine experience of a typically British afternoon tea, (after we had taken a walk over the famous Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, which is really near). I could not have chosen a better location for this purpose, the lovely old house is furnished authentically and uses traditional crockery and everything that plays a part in creating a typical British afternoon tea experience, including waitress service and home-made cakes.

Yesterday, I visited for a second time, this time with an old friend - because I remembered how lovely their cakes had tasted the last time! There is now also a lovely outside terrace, where on a sunny day you can enjoy a great view over the valley to the aqueduct, and even watch the canal boats go by, stopping outside, to turn the lock on the bridge. This really was a very pleasant experience, and one I intend to repeat, the next time I want to indulge myself - so many cakes, so little time!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The menu for snacks, well, I was spoilt for choice. I decided on the Scone jam & clotted cream with a drink off tea, Everything was served on china which funny enough added to the taste!!!!! The setting was lovely, watching the cannal boats go by, folk turn the lock for the bridge to go up. The home made scones must be the best Ive tasted, A lovely place & food. : )

2  Thank valerie g