“Old Rectory Llangattock”

The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangattock
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The family had Sunday lunch here yesterday and must admit it was lovely. We started off with pumpkin soup , followed By 2 slices of beef , roast potatoes and the largest Yorkshire pudding you have ever seen. There was a lot of food to be eaten for £12.99 per head for 2 courses. There are no other meals available on a Sunday though. The meals were very hot , the service was excellent and the meals were served promptly. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the Old Rectory , which I can't rate highly enough. We also had a midweek meal in the restaurant here with the family for my birthday and that was equally excellent. Top marks.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Besty2013

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night and all I can say is if you don't mind a few stairs I would definitely recommend Room 27. Havent seen the other rooms so cant comment but room 27 has the most amazing huge Jacuzzi bath, we sat there for hours with a bottle of bubbly looking at the stars through the attic window. The bed was soooooo comfy! The breakfast was top quality and the staff really friendly and welcoming. I cant recommend this hotel highly enough, Fantastic.

Room Tip: Room 27 for the amazing bath
1  Thank 972SianK
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My partner, Gloria and stayed at the Rectory Hotel, for a short one night break on 8 November. We had a 3 course meal, in the restaurant, on the Friday evening. Even though there was a large party in the restaurant, on that evening, the food we had and the service we received, were both superb. My fillet steak was cooked, exactly as requested and Gloria's lamb, melted in her mouth. The hotel only buys what can be described as top class meat. Both our starters and desserts were also of the highest quality. Our room was very comfortable and spacious and spotlessly clean. The welcome we had from all the staff, was first class. Breakfast, the next morning was exceptionally nice, again quality food and nice friendly service. In the restaurant that morning was someone, I recognized, who had left Wales 30 years ago, to live in New Zealand. It was Phil Kingsley Jones, who had played a few games for Abertillery RFC, when my late father, Arthur, was the Chairman. Phil was sat, having breakfast with 2 of the all time greats of New Zealand rugby, Colin Meads, ( Pinetree ) and Wayne Shelford. Enjoyed a nice chat with them. Overall a really nice stay at the Rectory.
Philip A Crozier, FCMA, CGMA.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I like to say thanks to shaun and staff for looking after my passengers on a walking tour of wales
great welcome and great food and sorting out pack lunches for all the walkers and free bottle
water in rooms was a extra touch so on behalf of the walkers and myself
Thanks again
see you in the new year
Nelsons coaches and walking tours of wales

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank june n
Reviewed 7 November 2013

What a great find best hotel I have been in what a welcome great room great food .what else can I say and I can't wait to go back .thanks Shaun and family for a great break we will be back for Xmas dinner and to see Shaun dressed as Santa and to get some more of that great cider down me and wine for the wife ha ha.

2  Thank Martyn C
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just returned from another wonderful night at The Old Rectory. Please ignore all negative comments by 'Disappointed' Hannah. You just have to read the other reviews to see how odd and unjustified her comments are. It almost sounds like she went to a different place!This place is special. The welcome is always amazing, the service always top class and the food always stunning. The rooms are beautifully decorated and it is set in such a stunning area, how anyone can complain about anything here is beyond me! Whenever I drive into the car park, I feel the stresses of the day lifting off my shoulders because I know from that moment on everything will be well taken care of. We have stayed here many times and we have always had excellent customer service. There is always a sign at reception if it is not manned to advise you to enquire at the bar, so reception was not 'abandoned' as suggested. And to make such a deal about being shown to her room is a little silly as it is not difficult to follow the signs, plus I think it unlikely she would have been shown to a room had she managed to get into her originally 'planned' local B&B. If you haven't been here, please do not be deterred by one review. They have a stunning menu ready for the Christmas period which would be a good way to test my comments regarding this special place.

2  Thank DebnMartMidGlamorgan
Reviewed 6 November 2013

First of all I cant praise this place highly enough! We had my friend's father's 70th birthday party there on Sunday and what a day it was. A beautiful building and setting. We were treated from the moment we entered to the moment we left. As for the food...what can I say...probably the best roast meal I have ever had....and believe me I've eaten out a lot!! I'm not exaggerating when I say every guest I spoke to said 'What a beautiful meal'. This place should be on everybody's to do list when in the area for food or even a quite drink. We traveled from Australia and are will certainly be back on our next visit. A big thank you to all the staff especially Sean for making this a most memorable day. Fabulous!!!

Room Tip: We didn't stay but the people who did said it was lovely!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangattock
The Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llyswen
The Angel
The Angel
#1 of 3 in Abergavenny

Been to The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club? Share your experiences!