“Superb wedding location, excellent food and accommodation...”

The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangattock
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is the second time that we have used the Old Rectory Country Hotel as a wedding venue for our family. The first was three years ago with 80 guests, the latest for 120 guests on August Bank holiday weekend. On this occasion making use of the extremely spacious wedding marquee, complete with sound system, video facilities and dance floor.

The service, accommodation and wedding breakfast were all excellent and nothing proved too much trouble for the staff. The planning and organisation leading up to the wedding by Sophie was incredible and was a great help to both my wife and daughter and took away lot of the worry from the proceedings, and really helped in making the day run like clockwork.

Feedback from all guests spoken too was extremely positive, all expressing what a lovely venue it was and how well the day had gone. A great time was had by all!

My wife and I have no reservation in recommending this gem of a place to anybody looking for an idyllic location to host a wedding or any other function for that matter. Sophie is one of a kind, and we were extremely fortunate in being able to benefit from her planning experience and organisational skills throughout.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a wedding over night so booked 2 rooms a family room for me the wife and son and another room for older son and partner there room was so noisy with a water pump keeping them awake all night and the bath room smelt of raw sewage it was that bad room 11 we had room 4 was very noisy and was not cleaned very well before we went in dont rate the rooms at all how they are a 3 star hotel I will never know

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 15 August 2014

both my husband and I thought the rectory was a place for weddings and other special functions,but were then told by friends that it was also a restaurant which served bar meals.last night we, went for a bar meal, well both my husband and myself were so impressed, all staff very friendly, and the food all we can say is quality and quantity of a high standard, thanks to the skills of an excellent chef , who also took the time to ask if our meals we to our satisfaction well done David Chamberlain. we will return and will be spreading the word. thank you all for an enjoyable evening
Gary and Keri Dollimore

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stopped here for lunch last week when on our holiday on the Monmouthshire & Brecon canal.
Just a short walk down from the canal we enjoyed a couple of drinks on the lawn in front of the hotel, soaking up the July sun and enjoying the peaceful surroundings.
All of our food was served promptly and the presentation and detail was second to none.
We will most definitely be returning and recommending this hidden gem in the Welsh Countryside to all our family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After a lovely day out, we thought we'd pop in here for a cooling drink in the shade in their pleasant garden before going back to our holiday cottage. My husband came to look for me as I had been so long (20ish mins) ... In the end, the drinks were fine but it was painfully slow to get them. As the locals in the bar said, "The service here is always rubbish". Nice enough place but the staff need training.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thecruicks
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We're locals and regulars who also run a tourism business. Following positive comments in our rental property guest book we decided to book a table for 16 here for Sunday lunch - a family meal to celebrate my brother's 60th birthday. On arrival, the table we had asked for in the conservatory part was laid up nicely but it was a boiling hot day and under the glass roof, even with the air conditioning, the sun made it too hot to sit in. Sophie and her team offered to move us to a separate, private room and set up a table for 16 there within 10 minutes, with little fuss, whilst we cooled down with a pre-dinner drink. Throughout the meal, the service was attentive without being over-fussy and the food was excellent, catering well for our diverse family tastes (some lovers of traditional Sunday roasts, others veggies) - and the cost of the meal was lower than we had expected. Thanks to all...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steve s
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here when my booked hotel (The Manor, just up the road) decided they were overbooked. However, I loved this hotel: quiet, secluded, warm, authentic and very Welsh. I was in the top floor room, with views over the golf course and mountains, a great sight to wake up to. A sunken jacuzzi and walk-in shower gave a 21st century feel-though the wifi didn't, as it only worked in the bar and restaurant! Food was fine-I only had the breakfast, but it was exactly what I asked for. If you're looking for a base which is calm, comfy and quiet, this is it.

Room Tip: Pick room 26 or 27, great views and the most recent to be refurbished