“Excellent Conference Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hemswell Cliff
Hemswell Court Limited
“Excellent Conference Experience”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

During the last two weeks I've spent four days at Hemswell Court while attending a series of meetings, some of which went on until late in the evening.
The quality of my experience was superb and the staff at this venue could not possibly have done any more for my colleagues and myself.
They were attentive and discreet, conference rooms were pleasant and spacious and the food was excellent. On one of the days a guest was half an hour late for dinner, but at the last minute we were offered the chance to delay the meal to allow him time to arrive. When the food reached the table it was cooked to perfection, even though the chef hadn't known of any delay until just after he should have started serving.
The gardens are lovely and offer the chance of a pleasant stroll during breaks. This is certainly a venue to consider seriously for dinners and conferences. I didn't stay overnight so I can't comment on bedrooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Functi0ns, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I am always pleased to see such nice comments about our venue and staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went here to a friends wedding and we couldn't of asked for more. On arrival we received canapés which were fantastic and kept coming and coming. The meal was lovely with great service during the main meal they came round asking if people wanted more beef or chicken which I have never hear of before. We had a trio of deserts for the last course which were also as good as the two previous courses. The buffet at night also looked fantastic but I have to say we didn't try it as we were to full. The room that we stayed in was also lovely with a large stand alone bath my only disappointment is that we did not get to spend more time in the room to enjoy it, Overall everyone enjoyed the day and the staff provided a fantastic service to us. I lost my earing at night and told one of the staff, when we came down the next morning it was handed to me, much to my relief. The venue is fab and the staff couldn't do more for you.

Room Tip: Pick one of the refurbished rooms they are fantastic
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lmb1904
Thank you very much for your kind words and comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our nearly refurbished rooms are stunning I have to say
Cornwall
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for a friend's wedding and have to say that the whole place was run with military precision (which is apt, given that it was once the property of the RAF).

It's immaculately maintained, superbly staffed, and the sort of place you'd come back to... if you could. Alas, the place only does functions and those ridiculous corporate shebangs, which means that I'll almost certainly never come back.

Shame, really. Because if this was a genuine hotel I'd put it on my stop-off list should I ever be in Lincolnshire again. I'd also bring my squash racquet so that I could have a knockabout in one of its vast bathrooms.

Oh, and for a little bit of colour, the place features in the film "The Dambusters" apparently.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank absenteethoughtlord
Functi0ns, Owner at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your nice comments, we pride ourselves on being exclusive on the day so could not open as a hotel I am afraid but it is nice to know you would return if possible
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Staff are outstanding - nothing is too much trouble, no detail is insignificant (even organizing fireworks a week before the date of the wedding and organizing dinner around guests arriving from the US).
Food is excellent - and again, an changes from the offered menus are accommodated.
Beautiful, beautiful venue.
Made our day magical.
Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L K
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We spent three days here on a job training course. Beautiful surroundings, furnishings and decor. The food was excellent and the staff were wonderful, nothing was too much for them. We all appreciated it very much. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank madison e
Thank you for your comments and kind words, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The management of Hemswell have transformed the old officers mess into a luxurious conferencing amd banquet facility. Our wedding went without glitch, nothing was too much trouble and even last minute vegetarian requirements were met. excellent food and wine, good bar and lovely staff. Rooms all modern bathrooms, with antiques throughout, decent beds lovely carpet and decor everywhere. Breakfast very good, nice to see local farm produce used at every opportunity. Would highly recommend.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Richard S
Thank you very much for your kind words and comments, I am so pleased you enjoyed your wedding here. We try to use local produce where every possible and pride ourselves in being a member of Select Lincolnshire
Derby
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My daughter and son-in-law held their wedding here last Friday, and from beginning to end it couldnt have been better. The venue is perfect if you want to do everything in the same building - the wedding ceremony in the drawing room, canopes in the reception hall, the wedding breakfast in the dining room and the evening reception in a room with a bar. The building is beautiful, with sumptuous furnishings and decor. The food was exceptional, and the staff superb. Judith the wedding planner was on hand throughout the day to guide the happy couple, and staff were always there when you needed them -looking thouroughly smart and professional. However, they were never intrusive.
The rooms were lovely, with large modern bathrooms and very comfy beds. Staying the night made the day extra special.
Hemswell Court is a wedding venue rather than a hotel, and this adds to the success of the day. You really feel that you are in expert hands, and every little touch is catered for. There is probably a wedding everyday, but you and your party are made to feel very special.
My only small gripe is that the in-house disco didnt really pay much attention to the play list that was requested, and he didnt seem very interested in creating much of an atmosphere- he kept nipping behind a screen for a quick drink, which wasnt very professional. In hindsight i would have rather chosen my own.
Only a small moan though, as actually we were all too full to jump around much!
Many thanks to Shaun, Judith and all of the staff for helping us create such lovely memories. We couldnt have chosen better.

Room Tip: They are all good!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Dower House Hotel
Dower House Hotel
#1 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to Hemswell Court Limited? Share your experiences!