“Excellent Location - Comfortable Stay”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Marie A
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Mrs Adams”
Reviewed 23 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Just returned from a 3 night weekend break in the birkdale number 1. As there is also number 3. Lovely lodge to look at and clean. Down falls are sofa is so low to floor and not comfortable at all with two end bits that slide about, would certainly be no good for elderly person. Old fashioned small TV with freesat box. I didn't think much of the under floor heating couldn't get warm. But the biggest problem for me was the hot tub. It was big and lovely and warm but there was no privacy at all. No screens or anything. So if your neighbours were in there hot tubs it was a bit uncomfortable for the body conscious and puts you of going in. Park was small and peaceful. There is a bit of building work of new lodges being built which look lovely and isn't a problem. I wouldn't return in a hurry unless some kind of screening was put round the hot tubs

Louise_ne...
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Stay well clear unless you want an abusive owner & threats to watch you back for complaining that a hot tub doesn't work”
Reviewed 15 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We Paid for a 2 nights stay with hot tub. As soon as we arrived we tried the hot tub, for it to have no power. The maintenance man came and sorted it, absolutely fine. We were very grateful for this. The next morning (Saturday) we ventured out to find there was no body around in the 'guest information' cabin that we could speak too about any shops or restaurants to find, we had to use our internet to find them. Came back at around 5pm we tried to turn the hot tub on following instructions from the info pack left by owners, to find once again, it would not turn on, we covered it over with the lid and waited an hour and tried again, as we thought it might be too cold, an hour later the hot tub still had no power, we rang the number left for us in the pack which stated it is available from 9am-9pm... no answer!! We also rang the number I received in an email via booking my stay for us to get no answer. We left messages and We have a call log of those numbers we rang both several times and not one answer from either!!! After an hour and half wait we got a phone call from a very irate lady who would not let me explain about our situation she was shouting at me down the phone about how dare I leave her a bad review on her Facebook page when she has been out on an emergency, I tried to tell her that I understand she been out on an emergency and we tried to ring the '24 hour service' to which again we received no answer. The lady then proceeded to scream down the phone that she has been to visit someone who is very ill and I am not making it any better for her, which is not something I want putting upon me as all I wanted was the hot tub to work.
We will not be staying here again and definitely not recommending it to others.
I paid a lot of money for this and not been able to enjoy it to the fullest advantage!!!! No customer service skills at all. God forbid there was a serious issue, we wouldn't have any help at all. On my arrival home I have tried to write a review on the Facebook page to find that I have now been blocked and unable to view anything on there! Absolutely disgusting customer service.

Tonight (sunday) I have had threatening phone calls and threats of calls to the police, I have had the owners boyfriend/partner screen shot out Facebook profiles and tell us to watch our backs!

Thankfully these where made via text message so we have all the proof needed should anything have a come back.

All me and my partner wanted was a relaxing weekend away and what we have ended up win is threats of violence

LilyRoseP...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location - Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This park is beautifully placed to explore Lincoln and the surrounding area. The lodges themselves are spacious, well-kept and comfortable, although they could do with a bit more storage for clothes and in the bathrooms (a shower shelf, maybe) . The second bedroom is two singles and has one small bedside cabinet. The hot tub at the back was great - I really want one now! Because all the windows have blinds you might not wish to open them until you are fully dressed. It was very quiet - I slept like a log all week. Kitchen not extensively equipped (tiny fridge), but has all the essentials unless you're planning huge fancy dinner parties! No dishwasher or wifi, if those things are important to you. We never turned the TV on all week! I would recommend this and would stay again with no hesitation.

Travelling group: Extended Family
ann g
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at this lodge
Excellent lodge, wonderful spaAlways on and lovely and warm. Very clean, great beds and bathrooms. Underfloor heating was very welcome after a days outing in the biting cold winds

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Vanessa H
Bedlington, England, United Kingdom
“fabulous weather made it special”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

booked for one week last summer. was a freakily hot week!
absolutely lovely wooden lodge, just my cup of tea!
hot tub outside was very welcome and well used. nicely furnished although not great range of crockery/cutlery etc. lovely bedroom leading out onto decking. Fabulous bathrooms! claims to be pet friendly but really nowhere to walk your dog unless you go in the car to the nature reserve (which is great) they rely on the on site golf club for food/drinks etc but you cant take your dog! really have to use the car if you want to eat out or go to a pub as nothing in walking distance. overall a lovely lodge if you just want to chill out.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: hot tub and peaceful location
Liked least: not really pet friendly
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Nottingham
Reviewed 6 December 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing