“Fantastic Family Weekend Break”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Derek N
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Family Weekend Break”
Reviewed 12 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We had a fantastic family weekend break, the lodge was superb like home from home and the extra fun of a hot tub. Nice location, quiet and peacefull site but close enough to Lincoln for a day visit. Pubs and places to eat within 3 minutes drive.

Janet D
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Nice lodge”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The lodge was in a nice position, near a nature reserve which was very nice.
The lodge itself was very spacious.We found it was nice and warm but couldn't turn it down if it got too hot.
1We booked the lodge from 30 Dec -2 Jan,we arrived at 15-00 and all was great,new years eve came and at 18-45 we had a power cut,I phoned the owner how told me what to do,after that the hot tub didn't work correctly and although we phoned back the owner about this she just kept saying someone will come to fix it,this never happened till I phoned the company we had booked through which was new years day....The maintenance guy tried his best to get it working by trying allsorts,this was not corrected while we were there,which ruined our nye to a degree.
On our return I informed the company who contacted the owner who offered a refund of £60(£10 each) which went up to £90 after we refused and the company saying the owner wouldn't go up any more,we would rather of had the full use of the hot tub for the amount of time we had there,after all we did pat almost £1000 for this break..Shame about the hot tub as the lodge was nice.wouldn't recommend but only because of the owners attitude.

JustTwoTi...
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Be warned - terrible customer service and no real hot tub”
Reviewed 21 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

I rarely ever write bad reviews because I think if there is an issue it is better to sort it out direct and most owners are happy to resolve issues and offer good customer service. However, following calls, many emails, and even letters we are being met with a wall of silence and I don't want anyone else to waste their money like we did with this provider so I have to give an honest review of our experience and flag that you won't necessarily get the hot tub shown in their pictures or what you paid for and there is a complete disregard for the customer once you have handed over your cash.

We booked a lodge as shown in the picture on this site and their website. We booked a lodge for 5 people last Jan for a New Year break specifically because of the hot tub shown and we confirmed it all on email. When we arrived we did not get what we paid for. Our lodge had a "lazy spa" which is an inflatable pool with no seats - it is definitely not a proper hot tub and to make things worse it was a 2-4 person one when we were in a lodge for up to 6 people (there were 5 of us on this trip). We had planned to see in the new year in the hot tub as we have done for many years at places around the UK for a similar price and with great success - but the inflatable pool for only 4 people meant this could not happen this year.

When we saw the excuse for a hot tub when we arrived we called to be asked to be moved to what we had paid for, were told they were full and someone would call back. They never did so we just made the best of it as there was no other option over New Year to book somewhere else that day.

When I got home I emailed and someone did respond admitting we had been given an inferior lodge and asked what compensation we wanted. I said I thought that as we had been mis-sold and it ruined New Year we should get a refund. They then got angry, rude and then refused to communicate. I have emailed, and even written to the owners home address but they just won't respond.

It is a pathetic way to deal with customers who have paid a lot of money and it is shocking that their images still show hot tubs that you may not get if you are unlucky enough to get certain lodges - several of the other lodges on site had the weird small blow up tub we had.

So be warned, their advertising is misleading, you may not get what you paid for and if you don't and complain they will treat you with silence and contempt.

Travellers are raving about these Thorpe On The Hill hotels

Keitht17
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed here over the Christmas period 2016, when we first arrived we were greeted with a Christmas hamper and bottle of champagne which was complimentary, the lodge was very clean and well maintained, the staff were very pleasant, we did have a problem with a TV but this was rectified immediately, the hottub was superb and crystal clean, we've already booked for next year.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
FrancesM3...
“Mrs”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Arrived here for my 20th wedding anniversary and was absolutely gutted. It look amazing on the website and everything I wanted to spend my weekend with friends. We did not have the hot tub on the website but a rubber lazy spa. It was a building site with health and safety issues. We called the manager who was so rude, she said if we didn't like it then to leave and she will give us a full refund. So we left and booked something else, lucky we found something on Hoeseasons near by. Since then we have not received a refund they will not answer any emails and have blocked my phone, so I have had no alternative but to take legal action. What an awful experience. Just don't want anyone else to experience this.

Hilary L
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Shabby not chic”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Not all negative - the lodge is fairly spacious and light and ample for 4 adults and two children
Hot tub fine and checked daily
The lodge is in a quiet vicinity - we were very lucky with the weather which helped!
Win fi available but spasmodic (not an issue on holiday)
Good location for visiting Lincoln

However:-
Crockery was chipped and cracked - oddments of dishes, glasses and cutlery
Beds needed replacing -
Towels - insufficient number, old and worn out and should be thrown away
- if you go take your own
Instead of pairs of bedside lamps there was one only in each double bedroom
No wardrobe just a metal hanging rack in one double bedroom so my daughter & son in law lived out of a suitcase all week
En suite very tiny and in need of TLC or redecoration

For the sake of spending a small amount of money this lodge could be much improved. Please, management, pop along to a supermarket and purchase new crockery and linen at the very least - your guests would appreciate the effort.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good sized, quiet location but access to historic sites
Liked least: shabby kitchenware, poor linen, cheap mattresses that needed replacing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
deserie20...
South Devon, United Kingdom
“rude manager poor kitchen facilities”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

We arrived at 4.30 to be told that the hot tub had been left in a bad state and needed to be cleaned this would take 8 hours to reheat. The previous occupants had left at 10.00am! I explained that we had planned to use it tonight (the sun was shinning and it was my friends special birthday) i was told to go out for a meal instead and that it would be sunny other days. I felt that we should have a small compensation for the inconvience the manager asked how much - i said 50 pounds as we had paid almost 600 for the week she said no she couldnt agree to a reduction-she said 'maybe i should get the money off the couple and then give it to you' the policy does state that you will be fined a 100 pounds for leaving the hot tub in a state that needs to be drained. She would get back to me in the week -she didnt. Her attitude was rude and quite aggresive. Inside the pans were unusable and the fridge had half a shelf and no shelves on door. It was like russian roulette trying to get anything in or out. The weather was good the young handyman very pleasant - would i go again? No I would not nor recomend to friends.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing