“2nd Annual Cottage Getaway.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arden
Springwood Cottages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our second year visiting Springwood Cottages and as usual, we had an exceptional time.
We went as a group of four (two couples) to experience a relaxing weekend away in the Log Cabin cottage. Cezar and Jola were more than accommodating and we enjoyed their company as well as playing with their beautiful dogs, Jack & Chewy. Cezar and Jola are easy to reach 24 hours a day and we really appreciated their hospitality during our second stay. The jacuzzi was a great place to wind down after a sunny day exploring out on the frozen lake and we cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAYLM
There are newer reviews for Springwood Cottages

Reviewed 14 March 2014

After driving 4 hours to our March Break holiday, we were "greeted" by a BEWARE OF DOG sign and the owner's pit bull. I expressed my surprise that there would be dogs, when the ad says "No dogs allowed", and asked that the pit bull not be allowed to roam freely, as we have 2 young children. The owner was extremely rude and told me that in no uncertain terms was he going to keep his dogs from roaming freely, as it's their home.

We left and went to Elmhirst's Resort. Now, that's what I'd recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank willhen
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A group of us (nine, in total) stayed at Springwood Cottages last weekend, in one of Cesar and Jola's cottages, and we had a fantastic time! The cottage itself was very large, with three rooms with queen sized beds for couples, and a huge room with a fireplace in which another couple and one of our single friends stayed. There was a nice flatscreen TV with lots of channels, that was good to have, although we spent most of our time outdoors, either cross country skiing (which was fantastic!) or snowshoeing. We were really close to the lake, so it was quick to get to, again, which was handy. Our cottage was across from a huge sheltered BBQ area, with many (i.e. more than 10) bbqs we could use - which was perfect, as we had a lot of things to cook on the bbq. (There was a bbq right at our cottage we could have used, but we opted to use the common bbqs, in order to cook everything all at once.) On our final day, several of us went out for a snowmobiling guided tour (one hour) that was incredible. I'm a city guy, and I never really thought I would want to go on a snowmobile, but in the end I'm really glad I did! Cesar took my friends and I out, and showed us how easy it is (and fun!) to snowmobile. After giving us safety tips and a brief lesson, he took us on the lake, and we were able to go around 100k / hr, which was really exciting, and then we went into the woods to go on a trail, which was absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend Springwood Cottages to anyone looking for an easy winter getaway - it's great for a group of friends - and an easy way to try some different winter activities. Thanks again, Cesar and Jola! We'll try to get back to stay with you again in the summer too - the lake must be incredible then!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ted D
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our second winter cottage visit to springwood in as many years was fantastic; Cezar and Jola are such gracious hosts and take so much pride in their business.

Like last year, we stayed in the Log Cabin and loved it. We got to the cabin a bit later than expected and the place was staged nicely for our arrival - candles, heaters on, movie playing and absolutely spotless.

Cezar and Jola were never more than a phone call or text away and would respond within seconds. Due to time restraints, we didnt have the opportunity to do a guided tour, but if you have the time I definitely recommend it. From the people I spoke to, they really enjoyed it - Cezar does everything from Snowmobiling trips to ice fishing excursions.

Can't wait to visit next year

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our first winter cottage experience and it couldn't have been any better. Jola and Cezar were so helpful. We had a bit of crisis where we didn't have oil or butter to cook our food. Cezar and Jola took some butter out of their personal home and gave it to us to use. We were a group of 5 and stayed at cottage 2B. Though we would have preferred a bigger cottage, we have no complaints. The hot tube was an added bonus to the -30 C weather. My friends and I will surely be returning in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I are constantly wavering on how to spend our vacation dollars. Growing up as an Ontario Cottager and having traveled coast to coast with my family in an old Ford Econoline van as a teenager nothing provides the same nostalgia of a short in province vacation. But in spite of that, this year again we found ourselves having that same debate, 4 day all inclusive or spend our money here at home. Well let me tell you that that decision will be a whole lot easier going forward. At Springwood Cottages we received 5 star treatment for an unbeatable value. When we arrived our cottage was clean and smelling fresh with the scent of the lit candles that the owners had laid out for our arrival. Our hot tub was very clean and the winter views of the snow covered pines and peaceful lake from our porch was fantastic. We took in many peaceful hours just enjoying the quietness from our porch. The owners Cezar and Jola greeted us with real Canadian hospitality and invited us to try our hand at ice fishing during our stay. Cezar had all of the gear that you can imagine and although he has a tonne of knowledge Jola proved to be the real fisherman of the two!! We had loads of activities at our disposal at the resort but also the warm comforting amenities of our cozy cottage waiting for us when we needed to warm up. We found that the other guests that were at the resort were very social as the good karma that Cezar and Jola bring to the experience is contagious. One night we enjoyed a nice group bon fire under the stars and everyone had a great time. We are definitely going back next February and I can't wait to enjoy a summer stay when we get a chance!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We celebrated our one year anniversary at spring woods cottages and it did not disappoint at all!!! We stayed in the Log Cabin which was absolutely beautiful. Cezar and Jola were a blast to chat and hang out with and our snowmobile ride was so much fun!! We were never bored, and the views....breathtaking!! We wanted to turn around as soon as we were leaving. We HIGHLY recommend this spot for anyone wanting a fun winter getaway. We are already planning our summer trip :) Can't wait!! My only regret...not asking to see the main house! I hear its unreal :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Springwood Cottages? Share your experiences!