“Beautiful but tiring”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful but tiring”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Visited the falls yesterday, the sun was shining which gave us the most fantastic views. The steps were a bit hard to tackle at times and I had to stop a few times to catch my breath but it was worth it for the spectacular scenery. I recommend anyone visiting to wear sensible walking shoes as the steps can be very slippery at times. Wouldn't risk them in the rain. Great day out though and the tea rooms down the road does a nice cup of tea.

1 Thank Sam M
Georgina H, Manager at Devil's Bridge Falls, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the walk. It is tiring but at least there is no time limit and you can rest on the benches as you walk around.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
welshpool
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Mountain Goat Ability Required”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited this with my elderly uncle and aunt. The access to the falls is via lots of steps of varying difficulty. In particular the section ..Jacobs ladder is very steep and requires great care to navigate. It is worth the effort to see the falls which are pretty spectacular. However I do think that it could have been made easier if the step heights had been limited. There were many places where an additional step should have been made to reduce the height which in many places must ahve been 18 inches high!!

Visited May 2014
I agree that some of the steps are higher than usual but due to the rock and steepness of the walk it is very hard to add extra steps. However I am glad that your aunt and uncle managed to go the whole way around the walk. Thank you for visiting and thank you for your review.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Be prepared for a hefty walk”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Beautiful place we got some stunning pictures, it was very steep in parts, mainly the area named Jacobs Ladder, we bought the book for 50p which gave you points to stop at and had information to read, it a nice walk but a hard walk up to the top. I must admit that I had to stop to catch my breath a few times. Even our golden retriever was worn out by the time we reached the car.
Its not great for small children, my partner carried out 2 year most of the way round.
But as you arrive at the top there a a pub for a well earned drink! :-)
Also dogs can visit for free, its worth a visit, just wear GOOD shoes to walk in, we was told there are about 400 steps!!

1 Thank ChannyInTheSky
Georgina H, General Manager at Devil's Bridge Falls, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for leaving your review. It's nice to hear from dog owners. Our concerns are that some dogs do find the steps quite difficult if they are small or old. I'm glad that you found the walk beautiful and enjoyed your visit even though it was tough going.
Banbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Outstanding Beauty”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I have visited the area for many years and as we were staying locally decided it would be a great way to walk off a hearty breakfast. Never having managed to visit Devils Bridge before we decided to take advantage of the 20% discount voucher which is found on the website and were not disappointed, the sun shone and the views of the falls and mountainous area were fantastic, It is very steep in places and I agree perhaps a warning for those less able should be more visible, however we chose to stop in a couple of places to take in the view and to regulate our heart rates! and feel we absolutely got our moneys worth. Take it steady and enjoy the views, wear sensible footwear and you will have a great experience.

Visited May 2014
I'm pleased that you had the chance to visit the waterfalls after so many visits to Devil's bridge and that you used the 20% discount voucher you found on our website. Thank you for your review.
Redditch
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful phototgraphic place”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Both the Punchbowl entrance £1.00 and the Falls £3.00 for seniors I thought was a reasonable price if just for the photo's that you capture, the weather has to be on your side otherwise it could be risky with the 300ft decline at the falls and the steps at the punchbowl. The views are amazing and the structures of the bridges fascinating. The falls walk is tough, it starts off OK but Jacob's Ladder going down can be tiring but there are resting places. The journey up from the falls is more strenuous, I found the last quarter of the way quite taxing. One sight what was a blessing was the pub on the exit of the falls and you only have to stumble across the road for that well deserved pint.

Visited May 2014
Georgina H, General Manager at Devil's Bridge Falls, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write your great review. I agree it is hard work getting up those last few steps!. I'm sure you really enjoyed your pint at the end of the walk.