“Pleasantly surprised!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daresbury
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Four of us went on a two day coach trip for £65 each which included dinner, bed & breakfast at this hotel, so we weren't really expecting much. We had two twin rooms, which were both clean & comfortable (if a little dated, which we really didn't mind) there were plenty of towels, the bed linen was clean & the beds were very comfortable, our friends room was very hot & they had to sleep with the window open as the control wasn't effective, but our room was fine & there were complimentary toiletries in the bathroom along with a hair dryer, iron & ironing board in the bedroom. There was a musty/damp smell in the corridor outside our rooms, but this wasn't in the rooms themselves & we didn't notice it anywhere else, so we presumed there had been some kind of flood.
The evening meal was three courses & was on a par with a pub chain carvery, the food was hot & there was plenty of choice, I don't know what this would've cost a paying customer, but I was impressed as it was inclusive for us, we shared a bottle of wine which cost £17.50.
The complimentary tea & coffee was our only real gripe - it was apalling!! We didn't know which was which as it was so weak & tasteless - we avoided this at breakfast the next day!
Our breakfast slot was 8.15 the next morning & again, it was hot & tasty & there was plenty of choice from the buffet which included cereal, porridge, fruit, yoghurt & pastries besides the hot food, there were also several fruit juices, I don't know how much this would've cost, but thought it was good value for what we had paid overall. It is a large hotel & quite confusing to find your way round, but there are signs & plenty of lifts & the staff we encountered were all pleasant & helpful. We checked out at 10.00am & had enjoyed ourselves.
We didnt get chance to use the pool or other facilities on offer, but all in all, we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Frank L, General Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear guests

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to receive such comments.
I trust your friends and you will visit us again real soon.

I will of course address the coffee !

Frank Long

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My cousin and I went for a spa stay. We were both thrilled . We had a wowcher voucher , which made great value but would definitely be going back even at the undiscounted price. The bathroom was a little shabby. But over all an excellent experience. We got lost at first ( such a large place) but kept running into the same member of staff , who always greeted us with a smile and sent us the right direction . Couldn't fault the food from afternoon tea to 3 course evening meal and full breakfast . Spa was great could have spent all day in there. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Frank L, General Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Kath

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I appreciate the positive comments.
It is always nice to receive reviews like this.
Delighted to read too that you will come back.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am writing from room 117 where I am staying, thankfully for 1 night only. Based on a previous visit several years before I wasn't expecting perfection, however, I was certainly disappointed on entering my room. The room is dated & the bathroom is dated & dirty! The loo does not flush properly & I've just found a previous guest's toe nail on the floor! The water flow rate & temperature (only bath tested) is excellent though.

I've just had dinner in the restaurant & it was fairly empty & lacking in atmosphere. I chose lamb & the waitress kindly substituted a preferable mash for the minted version that didn't appeal. Unfortunately however, the lamb was overcooked (having specifically asked for it rare) & the portion of green beans was nowhere near sufficient. My biggest disappointment was the inability to order a glass of red wine other than the Italian Merlot. I took my chances & ordered - it was dreadful! I don't normally leave alcohol but I couldn't stomach this. After a moan to the restaurant it was taken off my bill. I had complained & queried whether the bar could offer a bigger choice of wines by the glass but had been told "no". A few minutes after dinner I found several other bottles open for serving by the glass in the bar so found this quite frustrating.

It is unlikely I will be having breakfast & cannot yet comment on sleep quality, however, I feel I know enough to make the choice not to return & would also discourage others from staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Daresbury hotels

Crossgates, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Nice hotel situated in a business park. The room was clean and spacious, a few negative about the room, TV had no subtitle and only had five channels. Broken lamp shade, no hairdryer in room, lucky we took our own. The service from staff was good and they were friendly. Dinner was good with 3 course meal, with was a carvery with different selection of meat and helped yourself to as much veg. Breakfast was full English breaks fast served as a buffet so you can have as much as you want and want you like, there was plenty to choice from.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Laura-T977
Frank L, General Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Laura

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will address the housekeeping issues that you have raised immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed one night on a travel zoo deal, for a start would say this hotel is four star, room abit dated and in areas needed a good dust, but clean bedding and bathroom clean. The service was good and staff pleasant. Food was average, a little bland but you get what you pay for, and for one night for Christmas shopping was a good deal .

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank PEACHEY18
Dear Peachey

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to the Daresbury Park Hotel.

It is always nice to read comments such as good service and pleaseant staff.

We hope to see you again real soon.

west yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Nice big room clean warm tv, tea and coffee, bath and shower. Stayed on a national coach trip.
Staff friendly and helpful nice carvery with a good choice of meats,
Breakfast was plenty of choice serve yourself.
Would stay here again no problems.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank tonywestyorks
Dear Tony

Thank you for your positive and encouraging review. It is always nice to receive comments such as yours.
Good to read that you will visit us again and we look forward to catering for you again in the future.
All your comments are greatly appreciated especially those about the team. Thank you.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped for one night midweek as part of National Holidays trip. Cannot fault my stay at all.

The bedroom was spacious, very warm, comfy soft beds, had tea/coffee making facility (and if u run out u just need to ask for more and it is no problem), iron, ironing board and hairdryer. Tv had channels 1-5 only but didnt come away to watch telly!

Bar prices were a little expensive in my opinion but then again hotels usually are.

As part of our deal we had 3 course eve meal and breakfast in the morning. The food was brilliant! Choice of cold starters inc salad or soup with bread rolls. Main was carvery with choice of beef pork or turkey (or all 3) with fresh veg. Puddings.. Hmm too many to choose from.. Victoria sponge cake, choc fudge cake, carrot cake, profiteroles or fresh fruit salad.. Delightful.. All washed down with tea or coffee..

Breakfast was also wonderful with lots of choice; toast, croissants, ryvitas, loads of fresh fruit, cereals, porridge, all self service with the added bonus of cooked breakfast. Drinks I saw were tea and coffee and various fruit juices.

You would have to be very fussy indeed to not find and enjoy something nice to eat here.

Didn't make use of the swimming pool as didn't have our swimming cozi's with us but it looked inviting. Apparently the hotel do spa treatments also but didn't know about this till we got there and it is preferable to book in advance apparently.

The staff couldn't do enough for you and none of them looked miserable!

Don't know how much it would have been to book direct with the hotel for a twin room but I certainly feel like WE had our money's worth and wouldn't hesitate to stop here again. :-)

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank joyg1969
Frank L, General Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Joy

Thank you so much for writing your review following your recent stay. I was delighted that you enjoyed the hotel so much.
It is always nice to receive such comments.
Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Regards

Frank Long
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daresbury
The Park Royal
Village Hotel Warrington
#11 of 21 in Warrington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,508 reviews
Premier Inn Warrington South Hotel

Been to Daresbury Park Hotel? Share your experiences!