Four of us went on a two day coach trip for £65 each which included dinner, bed & breakfast at this hotel, so we weren't really expecting much. We had two twin rooms, which were both clean & comfortable (if a little dated, which we really didn't mind) there were plenty of towels, the bed linen was clean & the beds were very comfortable, our friends room was very hot & they had to sleep with the window open as the control wasn't effective, but our room was fine & there were complimentary toiletries in the bathroom along with a hair dryer, iron & ironing board in the bedroom. There was a musty/damp smell in the corridor outside our rooms, but this wasn't in the rooms themselves & we didn't notice it anywhere else, so we presumed there had been some kind of flood.
The evening meal was three courses & was on a par with a pub chain carvery, the food was hot & there was plenty of choice, I don't know what this would've cost a paying customer, but I was impressed as it was inclusive for us, we shared a bottle of wine which cost £17.50.
The complimentary tea & coffee was our only real gripe - it was apalling!! We didn't know which was which as it was so weak & tasteless - we avoided this at breakfast the next day!
Our breakfast slot was 8.15 the next morning & again, it was hot & tasty & there was plenty of choice from the buffet which included cereal, porridge, fruit, yoghurt & pastries besides the hot food, there were also several fruit juices, I don't know how much this would've cost, but thought it was good value for what we had paid overall. It is a large hotel & quite confusing to find your way round, but there are signs & plenty of lifts & the staff we encountered were all pleasant & helpful. We checked out at 10.00am & had enjoyed ourselves.
We didnt get chance to use the pool or other facilities on offer, but all in all, we were happy with our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa is one of the best hotels in Warrington for price and facilities. Located just a 3 minute drive from the M56 and offering easy access to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester with the Peak District only 40 minutes away - the Daresbury Park is the perfect choice for short breaks, business travel, conferences and wedding receptions alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute and Priceline so you can book your Daresbury Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Daresbury Park Hotel Daresbury
- De Vere Daresbury Park Warrington
- Daresbury Park Hotel Cheshire