I stayed here in March for my birthday and what can I say about this place nothing nice that's for sure, below are my issues:
Arrival: Person on reception was rude and wanted rid of us asap, sign here, there's your rm key no info given on breakfast etc.
Room: Was ok been here before has not been refurbished since then, because I had stayed before I did not check Trip Advisor until after I had booked not like me so I knew what to expect, but it was clean and tidy as we paid for an upgrade so yes it was dated but ok.
Leisure: Staff again rude saw me standing there still talking and then looks right at me and takes a drink out of a can of pop customer service is very lacking. Pool was ok don't see why residents have to pay for towels though.
Restaurant: OMG this is more like a staff canteen, seats very worn no atmosphere at all, ltd choice starters of soup was ok, waited 45 mins for our main course after complaining twice, there were people who can come in after us who were on their dessert and we still didn't hadn't get our main, main course was ok but poor value, pudding was nice.
But the thing that really spoiled my stay was being rung at 9.45pm to say I need to pay my bill I asked for it to be charged to rm but because the reception did not ask for a swipe of our card we could not do this, I explained was in bed and I was told to get dressed and pay my bill I would love to know where they get there staff from because they are shocking, after explaining to her about my shocking service she suggested someone can come and get my card from my rm again this is not acceptable, I hung up got dressed and went to reception to complain and went to bed very angry.
Breakfast: It was my birthday so I was going to write a letter of complaint than rather spoil my day but what happened at breakfast spoiled it anyway, no greeting just whats your rm no, here's your table no explanation how to gets drinks etc, I did however come across a lovely lady called Marie who was very helpful. Breakfast was cold and cheap quality.
On check out I did complain to a duty manager and he was very helpful and understood, my husband and I both worked for De Vere and have been trained to high standards but its takes nothing to be polite, this hotel is a disgrace the staff are rude, the place is run down, never know a hotel to charge you £1.00 on top of your newspaper charge, and I for one will not go back I did get a £40 refund but the holiday and my birthday was ruined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa is one of the best hotels in Warrington for price and facilities. Located just a 3 minute drive from the M56 and offering easy access to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester with the Peak District only 40 minutes away - the Daresbury Park is the perfect choice for short breaks, business travel, conferences and wedding receptions alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Daresbury Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Daresbury Park Hotel Daresbury
- De Vere Daresbury Park Warrington
- Daresbury Park Hotel Cheshire