“Very pleased all round!!”

Daresbury Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daresbury
“Very pleased all round!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 2 sons. Booked 2 nights DB&B through superbreak. Having read some reviews on here thought we best not expect too much.

We found the hotel clean and staff very nice. Room was large and we had a separate bath and shower.

Breakfast was ideal no complaints and dinner great as well. It was a 3 course buffet carvery and they also made the kids something else to please them (pizza or sausage and chips)

Drinks a bit expensive but usual for hotels a little out the way of town centres

The pool and leisure facilities again were great

Overall great for a family break and great position for Chester/Manchester/Liverpool and other places

Only bad thing I can say is if you have mobility problems some rooms are far from the restaurant so not so ideal

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Lorna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrived early and was pleased to be told our room was ready. The reception area was welcoming yes it could of been cleaner but with the poor weather and time of day we didn't expect it to be immaculate. We quickly found our room the young man on the desk had directed us accurately. We stayed in room 3004, I have to admit after reading all the poor reviews I didn't hold much hope for our stay, we was pleasantly suprised with our room and surrounding areas yes it's looking a little tired and could do with updating but we was there for some quality relaxation time not to pick faults with everything. We visited the spa which was nice the jaquizzi was not working but there was a sign explaining it was being looked into. We ate our evening meal at 7pm all the staff were very friendly and we're busy maintaining the standards of the restaurant, one young man with a gold tie and a young lady called meisha in particular stood out, they occupied there guests were very polite even when some guests were being quite frankly extremely picky and rude. The whole team worked really well together. Food quality was ok there was plenty of food to choose from and the carrot cake I had for dessert was lovely. After dinner we relaxed in our room as we didn't fancy watching football in the bar and hadn't seen much about when we drove into town earlier in the afternoon. We woke early had breakfast and I used the gym, this I feel let the hotel down a bit as a regular gym user I didn't feel the equipment was up to the standard I am used to. We used the pool and steam room again before leaving to go home. Overall we enjoyed our stay and had some much needed rest from the stress of our everyday lives. We would definitely return to stay again. Without seeming rude you get what you pay for if you want 5star immaculate standards then pay 5star rates. We had a good deal and felt we got more than our monies worth. Please don't believe all the negative feedback you read I'm glad we didn't.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3004 think these tend to be better quality than say room 344. There wasn't a n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sabrina D
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Don't know where these bad reviews come from I'm a coach driver and am in hotels every week this is a nice hotel food good and staff friendly. I got 40 passengers here and not one complaint ignore the negative reviews

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Coachman17
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

me and my sister stayed here for the jls gig in manchester the lady from the counter came out to greet us and give us our room keys despite it raining the room was spotless and the food was of good quality just there wasnt a veggie option the hotel in general was great and the staff were great would return again

Room Tip: 2nd floor room 231
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I could write a lengthy review of this place listing its faults but given how little any of the staff here cared about my stay, i can't find the motivation to waste much of my time speaking of them.

I'll be black and white, do not stay here.

The customer service is nothing short of horrific. I would be very surprised if any of the staff go through any training.

I paid £13 for a grilled haloumi salad which looked like it had been assembled by a 3 year old.

My lasting impression of this dump is that 20 years ago it was the place to be, but has been poorly maintained, changed hands once or twice and left to rot.

The most disjointed establishment i've ever stayed in. I have little doubt it will be closed soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luke R

Travellers are raving about these Daresbury hotels

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It was my special 007 Birthday Party. Communication was poor between the Hotel Co-Ordinators & Central Reservations. This had been planned since November last year & for 42 guests.
Nice Suite, but....
We have stayed there before when the Hotel was owned by De Vere & Standards have Slipped.
1. Safe no longer works as Britannia Hotels have withdrawn them 'in all Hotels'. Therefore Guests have to go to Reception to put in a safety Deposit Box.
2. 2 light bulbs needed to be replaced above the long Mirror.
3. Shabby, the chairs in the Restaurant on the entrance are in need of replacement. They are torn, the Faux Leather Surface was patchy & coming away in places. Apparently they are slowly being replaced, so Management informed us.
4. One on my Guest rooms had not been cleaned. Bottle tope & tops off coffee sachet strewn on the floor. A plastic label from someone else's dress was on the floor. Very dusty lampshades & a cobweb in the corner of the window.
5. Another Guest told me there was a hole in the wall that had been poorly repaired.
Thousands of pounds have to be spent on the Hotel to bring it back to a 4 star hotel that it's supposed to be & as per Star Rating. Won't be going back.
I must say Josh, Beverages Manager & Sandra a Manager where excellent & without these my Party would not have been as successful.
Jackie F

Room Tip: Book a Suite!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jackie F
Greasby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Booked into this hotel for friends 60th Birthday party.
The signage in the hotel is really bad we arrived and took us a while to figure out the car park.
Same for the breakfast room in the morning we had to ask, it was on the 2nd floor apparently very odd.
The booking in was fine and they had free WIFI.
We stayed in room 150, not the best I have stayed in,t had a big botched up plaster job on the wall, looked like someone had put there suitcase through it.
Bed was very comfy, Television very dated no Freeview or Sky.
Bathroom ok had some tile issues like that needed a good clean.
Sink was brown with coffee and tea stains, hav`nt they heard of bleach.
Drinks in the bar were ridiculous price Bacardi & Coke and a diet coke £7, good job there was wine on the table in the party otherwise we would have been drinking water. Was not prepared to be ripped off again.
Breakfast looked nice I only had coffee and toast. They only had one toaster people were waiting ages for the bread to be toasted as had to go in about 3 or 4 times before it got brown. So that was the hold up. They did have two toasters but one of them was broken.
Hotel itself is not too bar, but the rooms are very tired and need a refurb.
Cleaning wasn't the best.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daresbury
The Park Royal
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Premier Inn Warrington South Hotel

Been to Daresbury Park Hotel? Share your experiences!