“NO CUSTOMER AFTERCARE !!!!!!! Cant get through to hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Daresbury Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daresbury
freckleton
“NO CUSTOMER AFTERCARE !!!!!!! Cant get through to hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel with friends on the 19th of July this year, I was going to write a decent review because we did have a nice time and the room we had (302) was clean and comfortable.

However !!!. When we got home on the Sunday I realised I had left a dress in the wardrobe so tried to contact the hotel, I tried for days and days using different methods to no avail, I still cant get through directly to the hotel " Apparently the lines are down" still after 2 weeks?????. This is exasperating what if it had been a piece of jewellery?, I would have thought the cleaner would have taken it to customer services and found out who stayed in the room and contacted me or the person that booked the hotel but no. I have had an email from head office saying they would contact me within 28days, ime not holding my breath !!!!!.
As far as ime concerned they are incompetent thieving swine's. Someone ! that being the cleaner and she was English has my dress so she is a thief. It would be easy for the hotel to find out who cleaned that room all they need to do is look at the bloody rota. Needless to say We wont be staying there again and I warn anyone to make sure they have all their belongings. I wasnt well when we left hence the mistake of not checking the wardrobe!!!!!!!!. P****d off.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have travelled all over the world and stayed in a variety of accommodation from hostels to 5 star hotels, and Daresbury park Hotel is by far the worst hotel/spa I have ever stayed in.
We booked it for one night as a girly spa treat, and it was an awful experience.
We arrived on the Saturday and had afternoon tea before checking into our rooms. Afternoon tea was disgusting and involved helping yourself to the cakes on the other side of the room. Presentation was just awful.
After eventually getting the keys to the room, which was freezing cold and had a broken window we then went into the Spa. There was 12 of us in total and the receptionist failed to tell us the jacuzzi and sauna were both broken, at this point we all had got changed and headed to the pool area. The pool was full of unhappy guest who had nothing to do.

I headed back to my room to get a shower and the shower was broken I called reception 5 times who failed to answer.
For my Spa Treatment I went for a manicure however it was just a nail paint, the girl even failed to remove the nail varnish I had on. I also had my nails painted in a dark room with my friend having a head massage.
I could go on and on about this experience but there’s no point.
Overall this was an awful experience I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Daresbury hotels

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A great offer & we would return if the spa area had been clean. The room was good, only complaint was the shower door would not stay in position and the floor got wet. The staff were all very pleasant and worked hard because there were not quite enough of them. There were no staff in the spa area and it looked like it had not been cleaned properly for a while. The jacuzzi didn't work fully, which was OK but the sign saying they would get it fixed soon looked like it had been there a while! The food was buffet style and ok. I guess you get what you pay for and for £59 for 2 it was good but need to lift the standards in the spa area. We didn't use the gym so can't comment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

WOW! What can I say. Bought the groupon offer like many have. And I was absolutely appalled with the hotel. Booked for 1 night just to get away with my girlfriend. We got there and were seen too promptly. And my initial thoughts were bloody hell this is alright for £59. Then we saw the room. The mattress was bowing. The room stank. There was an old style TV with channels 1-5 and the decor was horrendous. Felt like I was in my grandmas house in the 90s. The room was really hot and the fan had a good inch of dust on it and didn't even work. Nor did the remote. Nor did the trouser press so on and so forth. We then thought ah well let's go for a chill in the steam room which was out of order. So settled for the jacuzzi which fits 3 adults in and was full. The swimming pool comfortably fits also about 3 adults which again was full. Disheartened we went back to our room. With all these bad points I got really wound up. Tried to call reception 7 times from the room and they didn't answer. Went there to complain. They showed us an upgraded room and made out they were doing us a massive favour. I would have just about been ok with that room as a standard. Because of the miether. I decided that if the food is anything like the hotel I didn't fancy risking it so we left. All in all a horrendous hotel and £59 paid for 2 hours of misery and uncomfort. DO NOT STAY!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank PhilN02
Kelsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

So my partner & I bought an offer from groupon, £59 for 3 course dinner, free bottle of wine, overnight stay & breakfast included..
Check in was fine, quick service, we were told where our room was & asked what time we wanted dinner & headed to the room. The room was vile, the decor is overall just disgusting, wallpaper peeling off, dirty bathroom. The tv remote didn't work & the tv itself was so ancient & only has 5 channels! The rooms are too hot with a window that opens only a few inches, there is a fan which DOES NOT WORK and is covered in dust. At this point we weren't even that bothered so decided to go down to the pool to use the steam room & swim. The steam room was out of order & the pool was tiny so 4 people being in it we decided not to bother. At this point we were not happy. My partner then decided to go & have a word & we were offered an upgraded room. We went to have a look but after everything we were not happy with that either. We decided to leave. Didn't bother having dinner & will not be returning or recommending.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank NatalieNicholas
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Room clean pool okay no sauna out of order but the restaurant well it should be given awards for poorest food longest wait and most frustrated guests.Complained but deaf ears as everyone complained it was my husbands birthday which was ruined by this restaurant. My daughter waited 1hr 45min to have her first bite to eat.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
penrith
Reviewed 4 August 2014

after reading all the negative reviews, my heart sank when we pulled up and seen it was a Brittania hotel. my only experience of their hotels was when i was flying from Manchester and stayed the night before my flight, it was terrible. Once we booked in, and seen our room, yes a bit dated but VERY CLEAN, all we needed for a weekend break. My only disappointment was the fact that both evening meals were carvery, i was expecting to have a choice of food, never the less we had a good weekend.

Room Tip: ask for a ground floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daresbury
The Park Royal
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
pentahotel Warrington
pentahotel Warrington
#5 of 21 in Warrington

Been to Daresbury Park Hotel? Share your experiences!