“What a Suprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daresbury
Sheffield
“What a Suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't know what some people expect but I have just stayed here with 3 friends and it was very good. After reading the reviews, I was quite worried. I do expect a lot when going away, I never stay at anything less than a 4* even when going abroad. All the carvery was hot, plenty of choice and very friendly staff, I am really funny at what I eat but I was quite full with what I had. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean. Kettle and tea making facilities in the room, ironing board and Iron and hairdryer. The pool was warm and the Jacuzzi was to die for. 3 of us had the back, neck and shoulder massage and I nearly fell asleep , it was that good. It is out of the way but it didn't stop us going to Cheshire oaks shopping centre which was about 20 minutes away and we also went into Warrington. It's what you make it

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106 and 107 on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank Cazsheffield_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel has got beautiful grounds and entrance its just a shame its in the middle of an industrial estate.Rooms were a really good size as was the bathroom,bed was clean but really need new pillows,it would have been more welcoming if we had a smile from staff on reception.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janet c
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Please don't read the reviews,just had a lovely birthday weekend here! My partner booked us for a night here on a Groupon deal.We had afternoon tea in the courtyard, booked in for back massage which was amazing. 4 course help yourself carvery dinner with a free bottle of wine.Food was tastey.Lovely breakfast in the morning had full use of spa pool&jacuzzi.our room was spotless with iron, hair dryer tv& tea tray .All staff were helpful& Happy.After reading all the negative reviews we weren't looking forward to our stay. We have had a great chilled out time here. We Would stay again!!!☺ A note to all the negative reviews what do you expect when staying on a Groupon, or any other cheap deal.If you want 5★ stay at a 5★.Stop looking for faults. Give the
Daresbury park a break. Come here relax & enjoy. Ive had a great birthday weekend

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gemma j
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our last night of a coach trip to Scotland. What a wonderful surprise after the shambolic hotels we had stayed in for the previous week.

The bedroom was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable, as good as my own bed.
Clean and today and overlooking the car park, so was quiet. It is probably a family room as it had a full length settee, that could be folded down to sleep the children.

The carvery was freshly cooked and excellent, and the breakfast was serve yourself (not always good thing for us, as we tend to over eat) But all the food was really good ,

If we ever pass this way again on our travels, it will be where we would choose to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara M
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Myself and some friends bought an overnight stay deal from Wowcher for this hotel. After reading the reviews I was quite apprehensive, but as we had bought a cheap deal I didn't think it could be that bad.

When we parked up we noticed the hotel was not much to look at, in fact it looked like a large block of council flats (pebbledash etc), but we thought we won't judge a book by it's cover.....
Now, I am not one to moan about a bit of flaky paint or a barely visible carpet stain, however this hotel needs a lot of TLC. There were quite heavily stained carpets in some area (the corridors most noticeably), ripped carpet and furniture and our room and some corridors smelt quite damp.

We ate lunch in the bar (which wasn't included in the deal), the beef on the beef and onion ciabatta tasted like it had been cooked and re-heated a few times in the microwave. It was averagely priced so I won't complain too much. Drinks were fairly average prices too. Staff didn't seem overly keen to be there.

Leisure facilities were great, pool, sauna, hot tub.

The evening meal was included and this was a 3 course buffet. Starters were okay, however the roast dinner that was on offer wasn't too great. First of all they ran out of Yorkshire puddings at around 8pm, so it wasn't as if we'd turned up at the end of the night. - there was obviously a lack of preparation as the hotel booked everyone into the restaurant at specific times, so they knew how many people they had to cater for. The meat was lovely however our roast potatoes were still rock solid in the middle!

We sat in the bar for a few drinks after tea, there was a good atmosphere and the staff were a lot perkier.

The bed was quite comfy if that's any consolation??

Another note - you will have to take the care or a taxi to go anywhere, it is a bit out of the way.

I feel like I can't complain too much because I purchased a cheap deal for this hotel, but this is an honest review, and I would have been highly unimpressed if I had paid full price to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Daresbury hotels

freckleton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel with friends on the 19th of July this year, I was going to write a decent review because we did have a nice time and the room we had (302) was clean and comfortable.

However !!!. When we got home on the Sunday I realised I had left a dress in the wardrobe so tried to contact the hotel, I tried for days and days using different methods to no avail, I still cant get through directly to the hotel " Apparently the lines are down" still after 2 weeks?????. This is exasperating what if it had been a piece of jewellery?, I would have thought the cleaner would have taken it to customer services and found out who stayed in the room and contacted me or the person that booked the hotel but no. I have had an email from head office saying they would contact me within 28days, ime not holding my breath !!!!!.
As far as ime concerned they are incompetent thieving swine's. Someone ! that being the cleaner and she was English has my dress so she is a thief. It would be easy for the hotel to find out who cleaned that room all they need to do is look at the bloody rota. Needless to say We wont be staying there again and I warn anyone to make sure they have all their belongings. I wasnt well when we left hence the mistake of not checking the wardrobe!!!!!!!!. P****d off.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have travelled all over the world and stayed in a variety of accommodation from hostels to 5 star hotels, and Daresbury park Hotel is by far the worst hotel/spa I have ever stayed in.
We booked it for one night as a girly spa treat, and it was an awful experience.
We arrived on the Saturday and had afternoon tea before checking into our rooms. Afternoon tea was disgusting and involved helping yourself to the cakes on the other side of the room. Presentation was just awful.
After eventually getting the keys to the room, which was freezing cold and had a broken window we then went into the Spa. There was 12 of us in total and the receptionist failed to tell us the jacuzzi and sauna were both broken, at this point we all had got changed and headed to the pool area. The pool was full of unhappy guest who had nothing to do.

I headed back to my room to get a shower and the shower was broken I called reception 5 times who failed to answer.
For my Spa Treatment I went for a manicure however it was just a nail paint, the girl even failed to remove the nail varnish I had on. I also had my nails painted in a dark room with my friend having a head massage.
I could go on and on about this experience but there’s no point.
Overall this was an awful experience I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daresbury
The Park Royal
Village Hotel Warrington
#11 of 21 in Warrington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,512 reviews
Premier Inn Warrington South Hotel

Been to Daresbury Park Hotel? Share your experiences!