“Wrong focus again”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Newbridge
Description: Fish and chip shop takeaway and restaurant
Description: Fish and chip shop takeaway and restaurant
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The food has improved greatly, however, their focus is on the home delivery service, twice now I have waited and waited to be served to while they prepare telephone orders to the point I have walked out and gone else where, tonight being the last visit, 5 people in front 15 mins and nobody served.. Not good, if you are passing trade forget it!!

Jakeingtons, Owner at Newbridge Fish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Hi Mark, we have recently taken on new members of staff, due to others leaving for new jobs, so they may be a little bit slower but as long as they get the orders right then that is important. As we had four members of staff on holiday this week, so we had to use some staff who are inexperienced. We do not favour deliveries as there are four staff on, only one is for deliveries. Also some customers are waiting for orders to be cooked and packed. Better to cook most items to order as it is fresh, and most customers are happy with this. More popular items are continually being cooked and turned over. Some of the orders are large that is testament to the popularity of our extensive menu.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

My wife and I went to Newbridge Fish Bar for dinner, the fish was so big it had a plate of it's own, we couldn't' fit the chips on the plate. I ordered plaice and my wife had crispy chicken, and it was Half a roast chicken! I would recommend this fish and chip shop for value for money and excellent quality food. We can't wait to try something else next week.

2  Thank Bill A
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Standards dropping to an all time low. After my last review, the standard and fish potions improved. However the potions have dropped again. We had fish 2 weeks ago and noticed a significant difference in size. We gave them the benefit of the doubt and tired them again tonight. Fish was not freshly cooked and the fish was smaller and the batter was left empty in places.

1  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Great fish and chips,service average where is the lady with the bubbly nature she was an asset to this place .

2  Thank dylanWales
Reviewed 30 August 2015

I use this fish and chip shop at least once a week the shop is always clean and tidy
The girls are happy and friendly the food is always top quality and very big portions and good prices. If you get a chance try the irish curry.

2  Thank daveR5244YT