“Easter Sunday”
Review of Fanny's Farm Shop - CLOSED

Fanny's Farm Shop
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Took family to Fannys - grandkids and all - and thought how mean the portions of Ploughmans lunch have become. No ham -just small Quiche or cheese, a little salad, NO pickles and no rolls on two of them or butter! Come on Fanny - at almost £6 a call you can offer more than this! In fact you once did. Will not buy food there again. Maybe a coffee and take my own grub and eat in those nearby beauty spots. Feel robbed!

3  Thank Donald F

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked the tree house to celebrate my wedding anniversary with parents, parents-in-law and young children. The tree house was everything that I wanted it to be. It was delightfully quirky and charming, and despite the cold wind it was very cosy and comfortable. All generations loved the experience and I am sure that it will be one that is remembered for a long time to come. The staff were lovely and we were made to feel very welcome. The only reason that I didn't give this experience five stars is because of the food. The scones and freshly baked rolls were light and delicious but the rest of the meal was quite poor and there were no children's meals available. If Fanny's Farm Shop could improve the overall quality of the food this would be one of the most sought after venues in Surrey!

1  Thank OrganisedMum
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fantastic family run shop with staff who could not be more helpful, Rambling eccentric place , its like going back in time 60 years . Great place

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Would have loved to try Fanny's tree house, which we booked a few months ago. This was booked from a friends recommendation. Happily the staff took the £10 deposit. All seven of us were looking forward to a fun quirky afternoon tea which we have taken part in several time at other lovely places before. The afternoon before we received a call to confirm our time slot. We confirmed 3 adults and 4 13 year olds would be attending to be told ...... No! due to Fannys Insurance policy no children would be allowed to enter the tree house unless accompanied 1:1 with an adult. I am not sure how they think we have raised our children (obviously like animals) but this was not mentioned when we booked. The very frosty lady on the phone, said could we find another adult to bring (maybe any tom dick or Harry would be better than a lone child!). There was no 'I am sorry' or apology what so ever, just 'you would have been told when you booked' IF I HAD BEEN TOLD WHEN I BOOKED, I WOULDNT HAVE BOOKED. I have been clearly told I will not be getting a refund. I can't believe what was going to be a lovely afternoon spent with good friends and our beautiful daughters can leave a horrible taste in your mouth. I have since looked at trip advisor to see children don't seem to be welcome here, what a total shame. Very very disappointed !

10  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was a totally unexpected delight. I can highly recommend a visit. If you want organisation and neatness do not go but the grounds are unique, full of what some people call junk and charm and cuteness. The pigs are gorgeous and the lambs adorable. You can get married in the tree house, have tea in the pudding room or just enjoy the quirkiness and old fashioned charm of the tea room. We had delicious warmed cheese scones served cream cheese and carrot sticks served on non-matching patterned china plates. Wonderful farm shop with interesting gifts available too.

2  Thank RDAW