“Awfully big disappointment.”

Fanny's Farm Shop
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awfully big disappointment.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

HORRIBLE experience at Fannys Farm. I saw Fanny herself, on several occasions, sighing and rolling her eyes whenever a customer tried to make a conversation with her. The staff at the Farm seem to think they're above everyone else - I tried to ask Fanny a question about the farm and she completely ignored me! The farm itself is lovely, if you can ignore the stupendously over priced so called 'home made' cakes and jams that are on sale. When we entered the cafe after a rather boring traipse around the farm and sat down at a table, we looked down into the sugar bowl and saw at least 5 WASPS there! Not only disgusting but a big health and safety risk. Finally, Fanny and other staff members seem to find children to be a nuisance which is a extreme downfall of the place. Would not send my worst enemy to this place - a real shame.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank ok t

Crawley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful place to visit”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I ignored the negative reviews, and went with my friend who highly recommended this lovely, quirky, delightful place, with equally wonderful food. I have taken others for a visit, and they have all been as enthralled as i was the first time, and still am, at every visit. Don't take anyone else's word, just chance a visit, and I hope you will find it as enchanting as I do.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Elaine J
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Final straw for this local - never to return”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've visited Fannys a few times over the 5 years i've lived in Redhill, and i'm afraid to say that i've now had enough and won't be returning.
We've eaten there in the past and have been somewhat underwhelmed, so decided just to use it as a farm shop, but after my last experience that won't be happening again.
We pop in on a Sunday afternoon around 2pm ish, and firstly the car park was absolute chaos, i know there can't be lines on rural car parks, but does there really need to be a entire villages worth of recycling bins in the car park? The side of the car park drops into the vegetable patch, making the edge very precarious if you park along it.
Upon making our way into the shop, i was really disappointed with the quality and choice of the produce. Everything was wilted (and yes it was a hot day but surely keeping things out of the sun might help?), it all looked a bit ropey. In all honesty the veg stall at Redhill market has better quality stuff at 5pm after its been in the sun all day. I was after some grapes but to no avail, when i asked i got told 'we only sell our own produce'... Err Yeah Right, thats why you sell Secretts Salad Bags, and Isle of Wight Garlic Farm Tomatoes. I settled for a couple of banana's and a bit of brocolli.
I then started my quest for Local Honey, well if a independant farm shop can't have local honey, who can? Anyway again i asked, and got pointed to the honey on the shelves.... from Hassocks in East Sussex. 2 Counties Over. Or there was New Zealand honey. Neither particularly local.
My husband was eyeing the cakes, but when he went over to take the cover off one batch, a load of flies wizzed out of it. They were also in direct sunlight right next to the window. I feel sorry for the people who had already helped themselves, they were standing in the queue and you could see they weren't a 100% sure that they really wanted what they had served themselves.
Finally we could hear 'Fanny Jnr' being beligerant to customers, and i just realised that she's learnt well from her mother. Yes some people in trendy London restaurants like the novelty of bad service, but downright rudeness is not welcome.
You can rest assured that if i want to go to a farm shop, i'll choose Priory in Nutfield next time. Their cafe is cheaper and better, and their farm shop actually is a proper shop, not a shed in someones garden.
Oh and a footnote about the brocolli - when we steamed it in the microwave i'd started to serve it and in the bottom of the steamer were all these dead catapillars that had obviously had the worst sauna in their lives courtesy of my microwave.

Visited July 2014
13 Thank welshiesgirl
Farnborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awful place DO NOT GO”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place might be quirky, but by god it's over priced, slow and the cake on offer was dry and not really very nice. My sister in law booked the treehouse for 11 of us with cream tea the cost of £132.00 was exorbitant, but the tree house does not hold 11 or 10, I would say 6 at the most if you wanted to have a conversation, without a tree trunk in the way, and god help you if you knock over a cup of tea as the table drips tea all over you. The toilets were port-a-loo with no water just gel for a hand wash. I will not go back to the over priced and filthy place ever again.

Visited June 2014
7 Thank Crystalbeach59
London, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“We love Fannys!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been going here for years! Yes it is a little pricy but you are paying for the quirkiness of fannys farm! We hired the tree house for the wife's birthday last year and we pop in at least once a month!!

The food is generally good and wholesome and the cakes are lovely.

If I've got one criticism it is they use tea bags.... I think proper leaf tea would really add to the experience and it does taste so much nicer!

Visited May 2014