Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Moonchild123
London, UK

Missing Haadson already...

Review of Haadson Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Nov 2012
This is a hotel that will not appeal to everyone - research well, and pick carefully. You're needs may be better looked after at one of the bland identikit 500 room hotels opening in Khao Lak.

However, if you prefer small, characterful, charming hotels that feel, well, Thai, and staff that speak from the heart as opposed to perfect English, rooms that are lovely but not luxurious, and you need to be able to hold a conversation with your partner (amazing how many couples can't) or read a book in the evening - because the TV has few channels, well then, the Haadson may be perfect for you.

If you look for atmosphere, and empty beaches, and are not scrutinising for imperfections, then the Haadson could tick all your boxes. It did for us. There was a small, quiet road in front - and some beach improvements going on (may be finished by now - lucky you!) - but walk 20 metres each way, you have an empty beach (probably!). Swimming / sunsets were great. We never felt overcharged (yes the restaurant is more expensive than the local beach shack, but hey, at £2-£4 a tasty main dish - this isn't nickel and diming! Try a Thai Massage - it's THB500 - instead of THB400 on the beach - but 10 times better! Free shuttle into Khao Lak - ok once daily, but you only need to go a couple of times, if that. Stay closer to town if you need busy.

The Haadson is about long beach walks, swimming, relaxing, talking to staff, getting a tan, putting a smile on your face, that type of thing.

So, a few things need touching up, some new paint, possibly a DVD player in rooms (with some DVD's as they seem to have disappeared from Khao Lak's market!), i'd like a couple more unusual Thai dishes (i'm being fussy now!). Some might want better wifi coverage. But look at what you're paying! And are these really a priority on holiday?

Fabulous few days, thank you everyone!
Date of stay: October 2012
    • ZenHotels.com
      £52
    2.7 miles from Haadson Resort
    View more hotels in Bang Muang
    All reviews deserted beach bang sak beach takua pa khao tsunami thais sand sunbeds coconut
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 18 October 2012

If you are looking for a small, green, very quiet resort, you are at the right place with Haadson.
    1 hour and 30 minutes from phuket airport. Taxi can be arranged by the hotel.

The resort is not directly on the beach, you have to cross a road. That road is very peaceful and there isn't much traffic on it.
    Next to the resort you only have 2 restaurants at your right and if you walk about 10 minutes you have a restaurant on your left (you can go on road or at the beach but then you have to cross a small river that ends up in the sea).

The food in Haadson is good and dishes costs between 150 and 220 bath. Big singha costs 120 bath.
    The food in the nearby restaurants is much cheaper than in Haadson and give the same foodquality. A big singha costs 90 bath and dishes between 50 bath and 150 bath.

We stayed during low season so the breakfast was not a buffet.
    We got a card and we could choose between coffee, tea, juices, cornflakes, waffles, pancakes, fruits, bread with jam, eggs and some thai dishes. You could get everything except between the eggs and thai dishes, here you had to choose only one.
    But the portions are big so you get enough!

During our stay they were working and strengthening the beach so I don't know how it is right now. I think there will always be a part at the beach where you can make a walk.

The matresses are hard, like almost everywhere in Thailand.
    The wifi didn't worked in our room because the signal was to low but at the restaurant and bar it worked very well.
    You get every day fresh water bottles.

Date of stay: October 2012
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    4  Thank Nele W
    Reviewed 17 October 2012

I spent five very peaceful days here last month, The resort is located well away from the actual town of Khao lak, about 20 ks north on a spectacular beach (Bangsak Beach). As I was there during the rainy (off) Season I often had the beach and even the resort to my self. I think on the busiest day of my stay there were only six other guests, so my review is based on that level of serenity, might be different in high season I think.

The grounds, including the pool and the lagoon are very well maintained and create a feeling of being close to nature, helped even more by the frequent thunder storms and monsoonal rain that I experienced (and fully expected at that time of the year).

The restaurant has a pretty good selection of Thai food as well as some western dishes at reasonable (but not cheap) prices, there are a couple of very low key local places close by, but they were hardly ever open during my stay. There are no shops, bars, taxi or tour touts or anything else for miles! Bear this in mind if you are the kind of person that needs these things, I do not, so I did not miss them at all.

Staff and management were very friendly and pleasant, but pretty invisible most of the time which suited me well. I read five complete novels in four days! Just what I was looking for!

Date of stay: September 2012
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    3  Thank marianman
    Reviewed 29 July 2012

We spent five very relaxing days here at the end of June. The resort was extremely quiet whilst we were there, it appeared that most nights there were only one or two other guests and we were often the only guests in the restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Villa 101 was extremely comfortable and clean and the rain shower fantastic. Good wi-fi connection as we were directly across the lagoon from the hotel wifi router. Staff were lovely and the food was excellent. The only negatives were the lack of options for dining outside the resort at this time of year and the beach had been severely eroded by the storms of early June. It was still lovely to walk along a deserted beach and make the only footprints in the sand. The shuttle to Khao Lak is handy in the afternoon although perhaps a morning one too would be cooler for wandering around town. The resort is well maintained and the service was friendly but unobtrusive.

Room tip: Lagoon Villa 101 has good wifi reception
    Date of stay: June 2012
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank yarrabee220
    Reviewed 7 May 2012

Left the Haadson today, so I'll write this review while it's still fresh in the memory.

1. The grounds. They are absolutely amazing, a mix of very tall palms and pines, very well maintained. This is already low season and there were maybe a couple of other guests at the time. The overall feeling is that you live on your own patch of jungle, it's that private and intimate.
    2. The bungalow. Overall not bad, comfortable bed, outside shower, spacious terrace. It's quite private, we could see nobody and nobody could see us. You can here the surf at night, great for sleep.
    3. The food. I'd say so-so. For Thai food we found the three little restaurants out on the promenade along the beach were better/ more authentic. Understandably, cheaper too. Tried a couple of things off the Western menu, don't even bother. I think the tomato soup was made entirely of ketchup. Never got up early enough for the breakfast, so can't comment.
    4. The service was spotty (see beefs below), staff didn't speak English terribly well.

Now some comments on what we found annoying or inadequate. This is mostly a message to the management, so they could improve things:

1. The air conditioning in our villa (105) was just too noisy. I couldn't fall asleep with it on. But I'm somewhat sensitive that way, may not be a problem for everybody.
    2. For two mornings in a row we got bad fruit (probably yesterday's) for "frsh fruit" when ordering room service. Come on, people, you can't serve fruit that is not fresh, this is Thailand! When I went to the reception to complain, they were "very sorry", but when I asked to take some pineapple to my wife on the beach, they didm and charged for it. I thought that would be a good opportunity for them to "put things right", but oh well. I guess they don't learn that in those "Hospitality Academies".
    3. The WiFi. We got low signal and it frequently went out of service. I needed the connection for my work, so it was quite annoying. You'd better do something about it or not claim that WiFi is available everywhere on the grounds.
    4. One evening, they couldn't get me a taxi. Literally. I waited for three hours and then we had to change plans. So if you have anywhere important to go to, like the airport, do not rely on the hotel. Contact the Boss (cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com), he's reliable.

But on the whole we are very happy with our stay. It was just what we needed: gorgeous tropical setting, privacy, few people around.

Room tip: Our hut, No. 105 was very good, from what I can tell. Not terribly good WiFi reception.
    Date of stay: May 2012
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Roman O
    Reviewed 21 April 2012

We spent a truly welcoming and relaxing week at the Haadson. The resort is low key yet efficient, professional but also personal. The beach over the road is also a terrific place to be. Its possible to walk for an hour while barely passing anyone. Haadson has lovely service, has beautifully maintained grounds and is utterly peaceful. The food is very good. Ideally, if here for a while, you would have your own car to run up and down the coast. But, there is much to be said for just relaxing - making a trip out to Similan/Surin - and this is a great place to do just that.

Room tip: All the rooms are peaceful and face out to the gardens - there are no bad choices. We had interconnecting coconut rooms which provided perfect space for a family of 5.
    Date of stay: April 2012