“Good food, service and price”
Review of Sapori Cafe

Sapori Cafe
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Birkirkara
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I visited place in a Saturday afternoon for lunch with my wife. She had a cappuccino which was excellent: perfect texture and giant (restaurant serves an even bigger cappuccione as well), a Parma ham, Mozzarella and rucola wrap which was good but could use a little more toasting and a half litre still water. I had a pepperoni pizza which I consider medium-pan: I liked it alot though if you like your pizza wafer thin, this is not for you. It was loaded with mozzarella and 'pepperoni' slices. I also had a half litre soft drink and a cappuccino. We ended with one generous portion of red velvet cake which was excellent but more on the brownish side on the inside. Price of all this: €20.55. Food arrived in about 20 minutes and when we arrived, restaurant was almost jam packed. The place is a bit crowded so think twice before you go rolling your pushchair inside but we managed. If owners remove two or three covers, it would probably pay in the long term. Still if you just go for a quick coffee, you may judge the place to be spacious enough. This restaurant is not in a prime location, although very central for this town, but the owners have made up for this by presenting a varied menu with very decent prices. We had visited a couple of times before and will definitely return to try one of their burgers, minute steak (about € 6) or ribeye (about €18). With a similar establishment within walking distance, an eatery right across the road and a popular fast food chain next door and still almost chock-full of people, they must have gotten it right!

There are newer reviews for Sapori Cafe

Reviewed 17 January 2014

You can eat well and not spend a lot of money in Malta, it is just a matter of knowing where to go and what to order. Cheap eats in don’t always mean you are eating bad buffets and shrimp cocktails. It simply means you can eat well and still have money to spend. It's never been a better time for budget dining. If you’re a pizza or pasta fanatic, a meat eater, a lover of salads, or just craving an affordable snack from a wide choice of baguettes, wraps, ftira or toasts you just have to visit Sapori Café. Once there you will find the perfect wallet-friendly eats. The management offers a down-to-earth approach to upscale cuisine seeking to challenge conventions and give their guests a new refreshing take on high-end dining at affordable prices. The place is unpretentious and cozy, and menu carries a wide range of dishes.

We were there yesterday. I decided to share a Pizza with my wife as we were not that hungry. Our friend preferred meat, so he ordered Cube-roll with chips and salad. We were amazed at the sizeable pieces of meat presented, nicely covered in pepper sauce. Our friend was in high praise for the quality and the tenderness of the cube-roll. Our pizza was prepared to our liking with tomato, mushrooms, tuna, rocket and mozzarella. Crispy and ultra delicious.

This was a very early evening dine out, not the usual late dinner. We ended up paying €32.50 for the food, 2 cappuccinos, the best in the area, one black tea, one large sparkling water, 2 espressos and 3 after dinner drinks. Good to note that for the cube-roll we were only charged €10.00 [see photo]

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had already visited this eatery before and I had always been pleased with the atmosphere, the service and the good value for money food. Alas this was not to be when I last visited! For starters the place was too crowded - it seems the management has tried to fit in more covers than there used to be, so that we were practically bumping into the diners on the surrounding tables as soon as we moved. What's more, the quality of the food has had a nosedive and my salmon ravioli tasted as though it had just been defrosted, heated and served. Come on Sapori Café, you are capable of much better.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Living very close to Sapori it is one of the place we frequently visit. The great thing about the menu is that there is a lot to choose from. Don't expect super fancy food. But you don't pay for that either. Decent food for a decent price. Which shows, it's getting busier and busier there. Staff is very friendly.
Recommended are the sapori shakes (I personally like the banana one best).
Location isn't too great, but the place makes up for it.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

we used to go ther often- the cakes are good and their pizza until recently i ordered the spicy pizza which on the menu it said that it should have jalapenos peppers i ordered it especially for that since i have a big love for spicy food. when the pizza came i searched for the jalapenos and they werent there on top of that it wasnt spicy at all! not even a drop of chilli in it! we called the waitress and she told me jalapenos arent the once you eat in the cinema.. then she left and she didnt even come back to say if we wanted anything else or at least offered coffee. so i ve been lied to in my face arrogantly! i worked years in catering and i recognise food thankyou very much! never went back there again for their lake of respect that was showed that day.