“Good but Beer could be better”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Bedford, Pennsylvania
“Good but Beer could be better”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I think the landlord has done wonders with this pub. He has really worked hard at making it part of the community.

The decor is not my cup of tea as it seems to resemble any trendy pub in Luton. Would much have preferred that they kept it more of the village pub feel. However, it obviously works as it is very busy.

Have eaten here once for lunch and the food was very good and served quickly.

I'm an ale drinker and whilst they always have 4 good real ales on top including Doombar I am afraid it is just not served or kept well. It is always way too cold for a real ale. I cannot quite understand this as the previous landlord despite his faults managed to serve the ale at the correct temperature.

If you are not an ale drinker don't let this put you off. However, if you like a good pint of ale then look somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

2 adults and 3 children. This is the first time I have visited the bull for lunch. Great food excellent service wonderful atmosphere. Great value for money. There is a bouncy castle for younger children and the staff were very helpful and happy..thoroughly recommend it. We will be back

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I took my mother to The Carvery for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago, The staff were very welcoming and helpful - my mother has trouble walking and would have found it difficult to carry her dinner back to the table, so our waiter queued with me and collected Mum's meal for her - The food was delicious, cooked to perfection and very good value, and the surroundings clean and 'warm'.
I gather The Carvery is particularly popular around lunch-time and would imagine booking a table in advance is advisable.
I have also called into the bar for a midweek bar-lunch with a friend - once again, I was impressed by the friendliness of the welcoming staff and the high standard of the food. Yes we had a wait for our lunch, but, as was explained to us, the veg are all cooked fresh, to order, so this is something that you have to take into consideration when taking lunch at The Bull. This is NOT a fast-food restaurant!! The quality of the food is well worth the short wait, which gives you time for a drink and relax, while you are waiting - I had a steak and ale pie to die for - the pastry was really light and it was full of the most tender steak.
Well done 'The Bull' . . . I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gilly542014
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Had a great meal on par with any top restaurant then had a great evening with a nice bunch of people who I met in the welcoming bar.
toped of by a restful sleep in my well prepared room. Will be back sooner

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jamesg00d2g0
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Me and my partner had such a lovely stay here. The staff were so friendly and made us feel really comfortable during our stay.... and the food was just amazing! Lovely little village! Thank you to all the staff...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I travel weekly and to be honest get fed up with the clinical run of the mill hotels. This is a friendly warm (family feel) run establishment. The rooms are very clean tidy, the bathrooms are new and fresh. Big flat screen TV, a must for any alpha male, as is friendly and attractive bar staff. Only had the breakfast as I arrived late, that was yummy. Already booked for my next stay, and am taking the wife there to get away one weekend. Lovely village.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ryan P
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I can say I have been in the bull a few times now for food and a drink and I would say the bull has great food the service in very good Don't take my word for it try it for yourself I don't think you will be disappoint

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Claire J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barton-le-Clay
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
#4 of 26 in Luton
The Live and Let Live
The Live and Let Live
#1 of 1 in Pegsdon

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!