“HUGE Tarzan Swing”
Review of Go Ape Wendover

Go Ape Wendover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 'Extreme' route at Go Ape Wendover Woods. A first for Go Ape, a scrambling net and climbing wall just to reach our most adventurous crossings. Will you take on the challenge? Set high up on the Northern crest of the Chilterns, at Go Ape Wendover Woods you can enjoy the spectacular and idyllic views and wild landscape across Aylesbury Vale from high up in the trees. With a smattering of tree-top high wires, high ropes crossings and a wind-in-your-face zip wire, you'll want to swing by this Tree Top Adventure in Buckinghamshire. And if you're looking for activities and things to do near Oxford, Go Ape really is just a stones throw away.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I love Go Ape and Wendover is a really good site. The tarzan swing is huge compared to some of the other sites. The staff are all very friendly and informative so you feel safe and looked after at all times. We attended on a day that was very cold but swinging around in the trees takes your mind off of the cold and we had a fantastic time. This site also offers a 'hard path' on one of the sections which includes a climbing wall. The climbing wall does take a lot of effort if you haven't done one in a while and it was fun pushing myself to make it to the top.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"scary"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We turned up at Wendover Woods rather unprepared for what our friends had invited us to! However after overcoming our initial surprise at the sight of harnesses we climbed into the forest canopy and traversed a number of rope and wooden obstacles. We overcame fear of heights, slippery wood and the rain and overall had an amazing time. Would recommend to anyone but maybe bring some slightly less good clothes and decent trainers!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Fist time at a go ape or anything like it but enjoyed it immensely!

My boyfriend booked it and we were really lucky we had great weather on the day. The training at the start was really good, our instructor Jack was really professional and friendly.

I'm a rollercoaster junky but it really tested me limits but my boyfriend was the opposite. The zip lines are the best part - one at the end of each of the 5 sections. Each section contains different parts of varying levels of difficulty.

The location is great as it is in a massive forest so great to bring all of the family.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Today was my first visit to Go Ape. I have a terrible fear of heights and this was something that was always going to be a challenge.

I was booked into the 4pm slot, but as we got there before 3pm we asked if we could start early and were lucky enough to be fitted in to the 3pm slot.

After being harnessed up, and given an in depth safety briefing and trial on a small low level section, we were off on our own.

Although there are instructors around the course, you take part on your own.

There are 5 separate sections (including the trial one) and each one seems to get higher and more challenging. Each obstacle tests your mental strength, while some also push your physical strength as well.

I finished all 5 sections, having first struggled mentally with the final section pushing me passed my limits physically.

I would recommend a thin top if it is over 15c as you will get very hot.

The staff are all very helpful, and nothing is too much for them. Well worth the money (if it wasn't a pressie .