“Fabulous Friendly Service with super Breakfast”
Review of West Lodge Hotel

West Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aston Clinton
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We came down to see West Side Story so stayed one night at the West Lodge. We were greeted by Julie who was really helpful and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable and quirky; although as another guest commented one did have to 'run around in the shower to get wet; still, I am sure the exercise did me good! The breakfast was brilliant; served by Mike who was very efficient and friendly. I left my cardigan in the wardrobe and when I realised where I had left it and phoned up, Julie had already parceled it up ready to send to me and would not accept any money for postage; I received it today Julie so thank you very much; great service. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other travelers, best regards, Morecambe Debz

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MorecambeDebz
mikeb29, Owner at West Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. Hope you had a safe trip back and hope to see you again soon. Very best regards Mike

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived midweek to a very friendly welcome from Mike. Room was clean and comfortable with a nice little feature window. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful. Lots of info was available to me about things to do and the owners were very accomodating with any additional requests i made. This place was recommemded to me and i would recommend it to you.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for the feedback - so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Very best regards Mike

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome awaits at West Lodge! We had rang ahead to book and make sure our rooms would be on ground level as my elderly grandmother has difficulty walking, especially up stairs. We were told there were only 2 steps to our rooms that were located at the bottom of the garden facing the main building. We were quickly checked in and shown to our rooms and helped with our bags. The heating was on and the rooms were very inviting! We booked 3 rooms, one double for one night and a double and twin for 2 nights. We could not have been more comfortable. Nothing was a problem for the owners. We were visiting a nearby RAF airbase and advised on best routes and places of interest. The beds were comfortable and warm. The bathroom was clean and modern. Breakfast was tasty, filling and cooked to order. A quaint and homely hotel that we wouldn't hesitate to visit again! Well done Julie & Mike!!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank MRachel84

It was a real pleasure to see you at West Lodge - thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and hope to see you again soon. Very best regards Mike

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just a single night stopover. Hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable, room was reasonably modern and the welcome was pleasant and uncomplicated. Bed was very comfortable with all the usual extras you would expect of a hotel in this price range.
My only criticism would be the shower, it takes an age before hot water starts to flow and with very little pressure resulting in a "shower dance" to get wet all over!
Internet connection is reasonably fast and reliable enabling troubling free connection for work and email updates etc.
Breakfast was delicious and varied with excellent service, in sharp contrast to lasts nights meal at the Bell inn.
Overall a very well appointed, clean an comfotable hotel, fully justifying its rating and in my view deserves more credit. Will definately stay again if I find myself in this area again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cynddan
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A magical place to hold a special event. The owners make the event run like clockwork with no stress for the host. The food is fantastic. I choose to have the food served on silver trays carried by the hotel waiters. There was ample food for all my guests with each tray bringing a new delight. There is warmth and charm in the venue with ambient lighting, champagne for guests on arrival, chaise long in the lobby, lovely views over the garden. If you are looking for a special place to celebrate an important event then look no further.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed at West Lodge twice in 11 weeks as my daughter was training then graduating nearby.
The hosts are charming and were particularly kind on my first trip when a local cab company let me down and they drove me to a time dependent appointment at RAF Halton.
On both occasions my room was clean, warm and very cosy.
Beautiful thick towels and bed linen. Breakfast fantastic so much choice.
This is such good value as it so lovely , Any one looking to stay in this area look no further.

Thank You for making me feel so welcome.CM

Room Tip: Very Near to RAF Halton.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Second stay here, and will visit again. Rooms well furnished with everything I needed including comprehensive hospitality tray.

Made very welcome by Julie who showed me to my room and ensured everything was in order.

Best part of the stay was the cooked breakfast made to order with local ingredients. Real bacon served with the rind on, just as it should be.

It's obvious to me that the owners, Julie and Mike, really make a lot of effort to ensure guests have the best stay possible.

Locally, I would recommend the Thai restaurant up the road. Food and service excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013
Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell
Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury
Innkeeper's Lodge- Aylesbury South Weston Turville

Been to West Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!