Lopesan Costa Meloneras
Chiripa(Maspalomas)
  • Beachfront
Maypa Appartements(Maspalomas)
5,530 results
All reviewsinfinity poolpalm treesambassador restauranthalf boardhuge hotellopesan costabeautiful hotela la carte restaurantsseparate showerdesigner shopssenior suitetennis courtsresident bandbreakfast and dinnersand dunesper dayroom card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Firstly my partner and i have been holidaying to Gran Canaria for the last 20 years so we know most hotels & the standard they deliver & we have stopped in most of the better hotels for the last 5 years. when we booked our latest visit May 2014 it was only after I booked it I read the reviews & was concerned over some of the comments (not all) i emailed the hotel asking for a room near reception & on a higher floor. When we arrived i was told our request had been received & granted. The standard of the hotel, grounds, pools, rooms & food is first class and i could not find any fault and we would return again, the only point i would raise is in the whole week only 1 member of staff said hello & the only other engagement with the staff was to pay for an item. But a very good Hotel.
Kevin Potts

Room Tip: You would have to pick a room to suite the type of holiday you are looking for
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LopesanHotelGroup, Director General at Lopesan Costa Meloneras, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Mr. Potts,

As a start we would like to thank you for having chosen the Lopesan Costa Meloneras for your recent stay in the south of Gran Canaria and for posting your comment on tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure for us to read that you have been satisfied with your stay at our beautiful hotel. We are happy that you informed us about your room request and that we could fulfill your wish.

We would love to welcome you in our Hotel in a future holiday and remain,

With best regards,

The Management.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the third visit to this hotel when on each occasion my wife and I were resident for one week. On earlier visits to this area we frequently would spend some of our evenings there when we enjoyed the moment. It is not a palatial place but it is an excellent establishment. It is such a large hotel that it almost resembles a small city. The management of the hotel must be quite a challenging task and has to be admired. The staff were always courteous and cheerful. The furnishings of the standard room is utilitarian but comfortable and clean. The food at meal times is plentiful and delicious. On each of our visits we had a north facing room which was shaded from the afternoon sun which delighted us. The noise insulation and the security are both of a high standard yet seem seldom appreciated. The number of Europeans, including the Spanish, who patronise this place is interesting and the staff always appear to be able to communicate with them. If I recall correctly there were four pools and was it five restaurants; quite amazing! Both management and staff need to be complimented in the manner the hotel is run. The Canarians are very friendly people and I feel more relaxed here than I do in mainland Spain. Each visit has been relaxing and comfortable and almost boring as there was nothing to complain about! Both the island and this hotel are good for holidays especially if one has never before been here. The only disappointing feature, but not of the hotel per se, was the Casino which is nothing more than an amusement arcade.

Room Tip: The north facing rooms, while they may not have a sea view, are cool during the afternoon heat.
1  Thank delparc

Went to this hotel for the second year running 10th to 17th May 2014
It is a very palatial hotel but the bedrooms let it down, they could do with a refurbishment, especially the bathrooms. The shower was dreadful, there seemed to be a build up of shower products on the base which made it very slippery, a nightmare for an 83 and 70 year old.
We mentioned it to the management and they provided a rubber mat for the shower base. But a good clean was desirable. Everywhere seemed to get a lick and a promise. The coloured cleaner downstairs who worked in the foyer was a much better cleaner and knew her job, also kept the lifts clean and odour free. We felt there had been a change in management and the head housekeeper should be keeping an eye on staff more.
As my husband feels the cold I looked for blankets, there were none, I was told to use the spare duvets, okay but there were no covers on them! also no pillow protectors either, glad to say there were mattress covers on the bed. One morning on the terrace I was handed a glass of orange juice with lipstick right round the rim of the glass, ugh! It was changed with an apology, but this sort of thing should not be happening. Drinks were a tad expensive but you expect that in large hotels. I asked room service for a glass of orange juice and a glass of milk, what was brought was a jug of each, we were charged 14 (about £12) euros which included a 5 euro charge for room service, so beware.
The hotel was over run with GERMANS we only met one other couple who spoke English . Could not use the computers as they were renovating that area, but was allowed to use the ones in the business centre down stairs, okay if you can work out how to change it from Spanish to English.
Now the good stuff: food was excellent and plentiful, great choices. Staff were friendly and efficient. Laundry service was excellent.
The walk along the prom was lovely, Plenty of resteraunts and the French cafe do a good pot of tea. All in all a restful holiday.

2  Thank Satwas

Dear Satwas,

Thank you very much for having chosen our beautiful hotel for your recent stay in Gran Canaria and for having taken the time to post your comment on tripadvisor.

We are sorry to read that we couldn’t meet your expectations in various aspects. Please be assured that we already passed your comments regarding our housekeeping staff and the incidents in our buffet restaurants to the responsible department. We appreciate that you inform us about the issues, this helps us to improve our services for our guests, every day.

Thank you for your praises about our staff and our food quality and choice, we are glad that you have been satisfied with our laundry service and that the overall valuation of your stay has been positive.

Please do never hesitate to contact our colleagues from the guest relations department for any queries you might have, they are always delighted to help you.

We would love to welcome you back at the Lopesan Costa Meloneras again, soon and remain,

With best regards,
The Management.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in May, last year we stayed at the lopesan boabab which is just opposite and ran by the same people and absolutely loved it so we didn't think that would be topped but I have to say the hotel is fab, the staff are lovely and bend over backwards to help you, the location is brilliant with all the shops, bars and restaurants right there for you, we stayed bed & breakfast and the breakfasts were lovely lots of choice, the only thing I think could be improved is not sitting to close to someone at the tables sometimes your placed right on top of someone else and it's quite uncomfortable, apart from that we will defiently be returning as in my opinion you can't beat these hotels, I have to mention that the infinity pool is also the best pool I have seen, the pictures really don't do it justice...YOU NEED TO VISIT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank leada1989
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is fabulous.
I went there a few years ago, in August, and all the commodities were not open yet. No casino yet. We had to go to Melia' casino.
But let me tell you, that Hotel is the best. Fabulous. When I checked in i told my girl friend "Did we pay for all this? Are you sure? Please check again!"
Better than all 5 star resorts i've been in Dominican Republic.
The infinity pool, the restaurants, the pools, the gardens, the staff and the food, every thing is 5 stars.
Top quality.
Money well spent!! Don't miss it.

Room Tip: The rooms are all great. Be sure to check the building and sorroundings. You will find decoration details and art all over it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple