“A lovely day trip.”
Review of Oaklawn Farm Zoo

Oaklawn Farm Zoo
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Aylesford
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This zoo was not what I expected. While there was some issues with cage requirements, insulation of the animals - we went in the warmer weather, so most of the animals from other climates were active. It would not be something I would feel comfortable promoting for the excessive winters in the Aylesford area, however, they seem to make due and it holds standards as the best "zoo" in Eastern Canada in my book.

Nice interaction, nice stroll. Could have had some more natural environments for the animals however.

1  Thank Ashley M
"per adult"
"great afternoon"
"pony rides"
in 8 reviews
"great place to take the family"
in 3 reviews
"family pass"
"nova scotia"
in 8 reviews
"whole family"
"bald eagles"
"animals seem"

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This zoo is quite entertaining with lots to see. The price is resonable (at $7.50 per adult) for the amount of time spent there. The only real concern I would have is the primates that are used to warmer climates getting accustomed to the colder climate, otherwise quite a pleasant experince. The reptile ranch upstairs is also interesting - unless you don't like snakes.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went with my son and grandaughter. we all enjoyed the day,animals are well cared for, and there were alot of animals, more than I expected. The camels and llamas are able to be pet. Price was very affordable,and grounds clean. Highly recommend this attraction

2  Thank Invisiblediva
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I visit this zoo at least annually. I have always left with a satisfied feeling & telling myself "I've got to get over here more often". I love watching the Big Cats: I.e. Tiger, Lion, Puma, Panther, Leopard, & a few smaller ones. The primates are a hoot. The variety of animals here is surprising. The grounds are like a well cared for picnic grounds. The animals look well cared for. A visit to this very special Park is a real treat. I drag visitors to this Zoo & then can't convince them to just make a cursory circuit. They become entranced with various displays & afterward every one of them have expressed their joy at the visit. (This is not Kenya, but you'll see more cats here than there!). It's a great place to visit.

1  Thank IAMCDNMOUNTIE
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I visited Oaklawn Farm Zoo last summer as part of our week-long Annapolis Valley/Fundy Shore trip. I'm not sure why, but I did not have high expectations of this zoo before arriving. But once we got there, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted with how clean and well-run this zoo is. The animals all looked like they had plenty of room to roam within their enclosures, and they also had lots of toys, pools, platforms, etc., to keep them stimulated. I didn't see a single animal doing the awful pacing back and forth that I have seen in so many zoos. I especially enjoyed all the big cats (whom we could hear calling out even before we entered the zoo). I highly recommend this zoo for any animal lover: singles, couples or the entire family!

1  Thank messengrl