“Perfect place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rowan Tree

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truro
The Rowan Tree
Ranked #35 of 38 Truro B&B and Inns
WEST MOORS
“Perfect place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We returned for a THIRD successive year to enjoy the wonderful hospitality/location of this excellent B&B. Nothing was , as always, too much trouble for Christine and the flexibility of accesss was conducive to a super stay. Fortified by her breakfasts , of whatever size you require, we set off exploring Cornwall , to return tired and needing to relax by viewing the Cathedral resplendent as it was illuminated at night.Comfortable and clean as always, we will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOHN C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Greater London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Guest house conveniently situated between the train station and city. Spacious first floor bedroom with lovely bay window overlooking Truro with it's cathedral. Good value. Cleanliness could be improved. Victorian houses are notoriously difficult to heat but the radiator was not adjustable and only seemed to be luke warm. The weather was cold so unfortunately I never felt warm the whole time I was there. Hostess pleasant and friendly. Breakfast only average.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Holitrolli
rowantreetruro, Owner at The Rowan Tree, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
I was really sorry to read this reiview. In over 6 years of trading I have had nothing but praise from my guests who tell me how much they have enjoyed their stay. and I have some wonderful write ups in my Guest book. However I am really sorry that you were cold. I left the heating on all the time that month but obviously too low although an elderly gentleman who came later that month said he was too hot! If you had told me a I would have put up the heating. I am also sorry you didn't find the room clean enough as I always go through thoroughly between guests.
I can't remember what you had for breakfast but I do buy the best ingredients. I make my own bread, marmalade and mix my own muesli. My eggs come from my friend's chickens so can't be fresher. Anyway my final apologies for a stay that wasn't as pleasant as it should have been. I will try and take exra care with my future guests.
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

I went to this B & B for two days while attending a festival in Cornwall.I t was a great B & B.Four minutes walk from the train station, ten minutes walk from the bus terminus and city centre and restaurants.The hostess was very pleasant and was willing to get up extra early to make my breakfast.The room was beautiful to look at, the bathroom was very clean with energy saving devices.My room had fantastic view overlooking the town centre and the Truro Cathedral- the view from the bedroom is to die for, you will have to see it to believe.The hostess also makes a great English breakfast.This B & B is truly fantastic ,

Room Tip: call by telephone and book early