“One of Cornwalls many treasures!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Victoria Inn

The Victoria Inn
Ranked #6 of 36 Truro B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“One of Cornwalls many treasures!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Whilst on holiday with family, we stopped off at this restaurant for some lunch and we had a great time! The whole atmosphere in the restaurant is very welcoming and feels very spacious, a few of us (myself included) had the carvery which was really nicely done, the meats were flavoursome and moist, the veg was done spot on and portion sizes were very good. We would have stayed for puddings too, but unfortunately none of us could find room! all the meals we had were also good value, although some other items on the menu seemed a little steep!

Overall though we all agreed that the food was excellent and we were looked after really well, the staff are a credit to the place! well done.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 2 night. Went to perranporth for fish and chips 1st. Very nice but should have stayed at the hotel. Carvery on the second night was excellent on second to my wifes. Great selection of vegetables. Can't wait to be here on business again.

• Stayed July 2013
Truro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

My wife and I eat at THE VICTORIA because the food and friendly service are always first class. The carvery is consistently good particularly the roast beef and all the vegetables are cooked to perfection. Thank you to all the staff. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria Inn T, Owner at The Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
yorkshirepeopleTruro,
As we read your kind review the sunshine came out! You have produced many large smiles this end so thank you. Team Vic work so hard to try to meet every guests expectations but it also people like yourselves that support us with your visits and feedback that help create such an lovely atmosphere.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards
Team Vic
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I booked a room at the Victoria Inn with slight hesitation as I normally aim for the big name Hotel chains, but there were none close to Truro.

The website advertised just 4 rooms at the Inn and when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the decor and up keep of the rooms. The rooms seem to have been recently renovated and are really clean. The ensuite bathrooms are really nicely done with classy fixtures.

I would definitely recommend to anyone and will stay there again. I did not have chance to eat at the Inn, but from what I saw of the Carvery when I arrived to collect my room key, I think I missed out!

Room Tip: Book via LateRooms.com to get best price if available. Room 4 is a brilliant family sized room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Victoria Inn T, Owner at The Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Darren, thank you for taking the chance on booking with us. We are glad you were pleased with your choice. We have recently refurbished the bathrooms and the feed back like yours and been excellent.
If you are ever visiting the area again then please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you also for taking time out of your busy day to write your review.

The Victoria Inn
Threemilestone
South West England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Whenever I get home to Cornwall my friend and I often go to the Victoria Inn for a carvery.
One day we will choose something from the lovely menu but one look at the carvery and we cave in every time and go for it!
The restaurant staff are polite, efficient and friendly, always finding time to answer any question you may have or help you with anything despite pretty much always being rushed off their feet.
The bar staff always have a smile and even at busy times I have never had to wait long to be served.
I would recommend the Victoria Inn to anyone who asked me for a good reasonably priced meal in comfortable surroundings.
One day, when we get a sunny day I am looking forward to eating my meal in the newly refurbished beer garden, it looks superb out there, alas, I don't think there's been a dry day since it was done!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We usually vist the Victoria Inn while we are shopping in Truro, we decided to go today after long hot trip to Cambourne and Redruth.
After a quck trip to the Loo which was newly refurbished and very nice to, we were warmly welcomed into our favourite pub and given a friendly waitress,a seat, menu and a drink which is just what you need after a long morning shopping.
The lovely waitress took our order, my wife had the Mediterrainean pie with salad and new potatoes and I had the Venison Burger, which came with salad coleslaw and potatoe wedges.
We always rave about food at the Vic but today was exceptional, beautifully cooked and very generous portions ..beautiful ..now i really do wish i lived next door to this pub

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Sincere apologies to all concerned.
We visited for lunch on Sun 14th April, it was very busy,lots of staff about, all went well and we had a lovely meal which is what we have come to exspect as we go there fairly often.
For pudding I ordered the Lemon Torte,when it came I was very surprised to find that it was not what I had exspected and I told them so!, I am now very sorry that I did because I have now discovered after a bit of research that they were right and it was indeed a torte and not a sponge although there are several variations th this dish !.
Any way what I had was lovely, and we shall continue to visit the Victoria Inn as before.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends