“glad we found this restuarant”
Review of Gravy Boesti - CLOSED

Gravy Boesti
Price range: US$20 - US$49
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hidden away just below the Crown Courts on Edward Street, Truro, in an unassuming stone terrace house lies Gravy Boesti Restaurant. You're welcomed into an intimate, stylish, contemporary venue which leads through to a tranquil, secluded courtyard. Enjoy the view as your food is prepared in our open plan kitchen metres from the comfort of your table. Watch as the talented team create eye catching, seasonal dishes and mouth watering desserts using the freshest locally sourced produce available.So sit back, relax, unwind and enjoy.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

oh lush the food was out of this world , i had the ham hock and scotch egg for starters. and the lamb rump for main course, and it tasted really yummy,its somewhere i will go again and again , The waiter was certainly first class .at doing his job , nothing was to much trouble, and all freshly cooked as you order, and not long to wait for your food . well done to you all i highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Tonight was our belated first visit to the restaurant. We cannot fault it, we were welcomed with a personal birthday card and complimentary glass of prosseco for me.

Starters of ham hock scotch egg, and crab & pea sald salad were delicious. We both chose lamb rump for our main course, it looked and tasted lovely, however, it was served with a broth which turned out to be very salty. We mentioned this as an observation after finishing, as by this time it was far too late to complain. We received almost overwhelming apologies, and were told our glasses of white wine would be taken off the bill.
Our puddings were absolutely fabulous, the best we've eaten anywhere.

After our main course my husband managed to knock over the remains of his delicious glass of Malbec, this was treated as a normal occurance, and his glass of wine was immediately replaced, on the house.

Please believe all the plaudits this restaurant has received, we are local and would love it to thrive

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have now been to Gravy 3 times and on each occasion the food and the service have been very good - I would rate the restaurant as excellent if the smoke extraction system was not so poor. They know it is a problem and have recently had it serviced but to no avail. The last time we went there we left the restaurant reeking of cooking smells. We have decided to limit future visits to the summer when they can leave the doors open.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Wow!! What an amazing restaurant! When I phoned up to book I was asked whether it was a special occasion...we were celebrating my birthday in fact! We were greeted and led to our table to find a birthday card and a free glass of prosecco (which was topped up during our meal) what a lovely touch! Fresh home made focaccia was bought to our table-it was without a doubt the best we have ever tasted! Followed by beautiful juicy lamb burgers-now my partner and I have eaten a lot of home made burgers in various restaurants but these were without a doubt the best we have ever had!! I must say a special thank you to Chris front of house-amazing service and very attentive! Will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just got back from my first visit to this restaurant. being local I knew it was well thought of.
Staff very attentive and not too pushy.
Starters were good value compared to many other places i have eaten in and exceptional quality and presentation.
Mains were excellent too, just the right size portions.
This is a small restaurant and quite cosy but this gives it charm. Decor is smart with oils hanging on the walls you can buy if you have £300-£400 to spend!
Great for couples I would say.

1  Thank Newquaygreen1