“Faultless”
Review of Gravy Boesti - CLOSED

Gravy Boesti
Price range: US$20 - US$49
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hidden away just below the Crown Courts on Edward Street, Truro, in an unassuming stone terrace house lies Gravy Boesti Restaurant. You're welcomed into an intimate, stylish, contemporary venue which leads through to a tranquil, secluded courtyard. Enjoy the view as your food is prepared in our open plan kitchen metres from the comfort of your table. Watch as the talented team create eye catching, seasonal dishes and mouth watering desserts using the freshest locally sourced produce available.So sit back, relax, unwind and enjoy.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I'll keep this short and sweet.

This is a lovely little restaurant that values fine dinning, superb service, great wine, and a friendly atmosphere.

Whilst the price is above average for Truro, the quality surpasses any other restaurant within the city that I have dined at. Skilled chefs and competent front of house staff make this place well worth a visit for any food lover in the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Celebrated my 60th birthday here. Our table had a card and a vase of Flowers on. Staff were pleasant. We sat near the back door and were rather cool. Eventually my husband asked them to close the door which they did and then we much more comfortable. I think air con is needed here so everyone is sitting in a comfortable temperature. The staff were pleasant and the food was good and well presented. The only niggle we had was about the wine. We ordered a red hiebeek 2008/2009 pinotage reserve. What we got wasn't a reserve and was a 2012. When we questioned this we were told that was what they always send us. Which didn't really answer our query. Although we enjoyed the wine we wondered whether we were fobbed off with a cheaper one. It just wasn't what we ordered.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Have been looking for a BIG birthday celeb coming up soon and Gravy has just ticked all the boxes and more - excellent food, service, ambience, and so so much more

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was one of the best restaurant meals I have had in a long time. The food was amazing, and the atmosphere really lovely. The waiting staff were attentive without being intrusive. I can understand the comments of the reviewer who had seats by the open kitchen, but the chefs didn't shout & we did not hear any bad language! Lovely eperience & can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

You could not have done a better job of our dinner last night. The setting was perfect, the chap that looked after us was brilliant and the food amazing. I cannot praise this place high enough. Very deserving of their top spot on TA. Within 12 hours of leaving I had already told 8 people they had to visit.

Very good selection on the menu and I will dream of that dessert.

One very happy customer! Wonderful night - thank you so much.