The Alverton
The Rising Sun(St Mawes)
US$182
  • Beachfront
1,001 results
All reviewsalverton manorbeautiful hotelwedding plannercourtyard roombridal suitescallopsrestaurant managermain buildingfour poster bedold buildingwine listlovely groundswaiting staffcity centrestayed for one nightno lifthigh standard
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Why can't all hotels have staff like the Alverton? The hotel is excellent however the attitude of the hotel team from porter to manager will take some matching. Sixteen of us ate in on Saturday night whilst a wedding party was being catered for in the Great Hall, we still received prompt efficient service and Michelin standard food.
Exceptionally good value for money.

Room Tip: I had a garden view room, certainly worth a little extra.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed just one night as I was in the West Country on business, but was very impressed with the hotel, my room, the resturant, in fact everything! I will return when on business in the area again. The minor gripes (see other reviews) about the walk from the car park are minor and do not detract from the experience. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had room three - which had two bathrooms!
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at this lovely Hotel, warm and friendly welcome, very comfortable room and the food was absolutely delicious and couldn't be faulted, both dinner and breakfast. Dinner was compatible with a Michelin Star Restaurant that I love in Kent ! I will return recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Lets get the bad stuff out of the way, the only downside to this hotel (and there is little they can do about it) is the trip down from the car park. Me and my suitcase went considerably faster than I wanted to, the slope is quite steep and it had been raining so was a little slippery. I think a specific place to stop and drop off your suitcase outside the hotel would help with this, and had I known that it was that steep, I would have probably just done that anyway.

That's it. The rest I couldn't fault. I was dreading it, I have had very bad experiences in UK hotels in comparison to those I have stayed in around the World, rather embarrassingly being English born and bred. I tend to head for the bit hotel chains, and you then know what you are getting, its not so much of a lottery. However, I needn't have worried. The hotel reminded me of Hogwarts, including the many staircases here there and everywhere! My case was taken to my room for me (not sure I would have managed it myself considering the stairs)

Reception/check in was quick and easy, the staff very polite and accommodating after a long day for me.

The room was lovely, very tastefully decorated, decent size, clean, decent size bathroom, again very clean. The shower was good. The room was at the rear of the hotel so I didn't have any traffic noise, the view was of greenery, but to be fair I didn't book it expecting extensive countryside views, we are on the main A39 into Truro! Nice quality tea/coffee in the room, and a good WIFI connection, which I think should really be standard at hotels nowadays, although it often isn't.

The breakfasts in the restaurant were lovely, especially the cooked options. I tried a few different ones, they were all fabulous. I visited the restaurant once on the evening, again the food was beautiful, nicely cooked and presented. The staff in the restaurant were again nothing but polite and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed to come back to the area.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I cannot rate this place highly enough. Every member of staff was efficient, smiling and friendly; the setting is beautiful and only a very short walk from the city centre (not that you'd know it when walking around the peaceful and beautiful gardens the hotel has to offer). Our room was beautiful with a lovely double bath and shower. We've just finished a gorgeous cooked to order breakfast and are completely smitten with the hotel, it's location and staff. I'd recommend this hotel out of all the hotels in Truro and further afield. Simply perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple