1,086 results
All reviews alverton manor beautiful hotel bridal suite wedding venue courtyard room scallops restaurant manager main building old building bar and restaurant lovely grounds wine list waiting staff wedding reception huge bed city centre lovely room
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in beautiful grounds, the staff are very friendly & helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. We took our dog and they were ready for him as our room was equipped with bowls, treats and food.
Even though there were weddings taking place they did not impact our enjoyment or stay. Great location as well for walking into the city.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Pam C,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted you had an excellent stay and your dog felt very welcome.

I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay for my daughter’s wedding
Staff really friendly and helpful
Accommodation clean and comfortable with fantastic showers
Food great a real gem you must try for yourself
Our room had a copper bath and a shower with a drench head
My daughter had the bridal suite with twin baths and a 4 poster bed
My other daughters rooms were equally as comfortable all refurbished to a high standard
Great location for easy access to the city and central for touring further afield.

Dear Tracey R,

Wow! Thank you for your fantastic review.

I'm pleased you all had a lovely time at your daughters wedding.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The Alverton is a very good hotel in Truro in stunning grounds (formerly a convent) and offering superior accommodation but it does need some attention to details for it to reach excellence. For example the bathrooms are very well appointed but despite the size (mine was huge) there wasn't a single shelf on which to put toiletries (the one over the sink had been taken over by the freebies - maybe they expect you to take the lot??). I survived as a man I don't really have much but I could see that my wife would have found it a real issue. That aside it was spotlessly clean. The bedroom is well appointed and the bed comfortable but lacking in facilities for business travellers, like coat hangers that wouldn't easily take suits, or sockets not exactly close to either the bed or the desk (the desk one required some under the desk acrobatics to reach it). Breakfast was probably the most disappointing aspect as it promised much but delivered slightly below expectations, the buffet could have done with greater choice and the fresh fruit salad was on the verge of fermenting. My cooked choice was OK but nothing to rave about it. Staff are pleasant so nothing to report in that department. So don't get e wrong you couldn't stay in a better place in Truro but be mindful that though very good it could be improved and really some of these issues could be easily addressed by the management.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank impavidus

Dear impavidus,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Alverton.

We really appreciate your constructive comments and everything you have mentioned will be reviewed.
We do have additional suit hangers and extension leads so I hope once this was mentioned to reception it was quickly resolved.
In regards to your breakfast, I'm naturally very disappointed to hear this as we usually receive glowing reviews regarding the selection and quality. This feedback has been passed onto the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to investigate further.

I do hope you will return again and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Beautiful hotel. We had a fantastic meal in the restaurant. The service was excellent and the breakfast was great too. We were in a fabulous new suite which had two roll top baths in the massive bathroom. It’s just unfortunate the room is located beside the delivery and bin alley. I can still hear the glass bottles being thrown into the recycle bin. It stopped at midnight however started again at 6am. The deliveries started at 4.40am.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Dollyduo44,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Alverton.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal, service and excellent breakfast.
I'm so pleased you got to experience the beautiful new Bishop Suite with the two roll top baths. We have taken on board your comments and are in the process of changing waste companies so they can collect from us during the day. I apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Room was ok, no handles on wardrobe though and carpets are a bit worn. Public areas especially on the stairs the carpets are threadbare and walls are very scuffed. Food was good if overpriced and being asked to pay an additional £4 to have a couple of chunks of carrot and broccoli with your meal is ridiculous. Staff overall were friendly and helpful but later in the evening the bar staff can't wait to get you out to the point you feel uncomfortable being there. On our last night my wife was almost locked outside in the barman's haste to go home. If you're staying on business and going to bed early you will probably have a good stay but if you are on a leisure stay I would advise going somewhere more suited to you where you're not made to feel guilty for not being in bed by 10pm.

1  Thank Adrian B
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Adrian B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm pleased you chose the Alverton for your 3 night break, but naturally I'm disappointed that there were a few areas that let you down.

Whilst trying to modernise the rooms, we have kept the larger wooden furniture to tie in with the Grade II listed building and some of these items have keys instead of handles. We are always improving the hotel and have plans to re-new the carpets but obviously with the size of the hotel this is a large project. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I'm pleased you found the food good and the staff friendly and helpful. The restaurant has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes for the food and the prices reflect this.

I'm very proud of the customer service the team deliver so am shocked to hear you felt rushed when using our bar. I have spoken to the bar team and re-played the CCTV. We do lock the bar doors in the evening for noise and security purposes and as you were using the outside area this was done later than normal. Our night staff were also in and they would have been happy for you to continue to have a drink in the bar area. I can only apologise that you felt rushed as this was not the intention of the staff, it was just to adhere to security protocol.

I do hope you will return to The Alverton again