1,084 results
All reviews alverton manor beautiful hotel bridal suite wedding venue courtyard room scallops restaurant manager main building old building bar and restaurant lovely grounds wine list waiting staff wedding reception huge bed city centre lovely room
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a room in the courtyard, the superior suit. From the moment we stepped into the room, we fell in love with everything about it. It was bright, modern yet still had plenty of character.
We booked in for 2 nights, with breakfast included. It was a varied menu, full of cereal, fruits and juices alongside the cooked breakfast foods.
The wedding was outstanding, the chapel was stunning, with fairy lights and candles creating a very romantic atmosphere. The wedding coordinator, Helen, was always available for enquiries and to make sure that the wedding ran smoothly through the day/ evening (in which it did!).
The evening buffet was of Cornish food, such as pasties and kebabs. There was more than enough food for all of the guests we had.
A fantastic weekend, one that my boyfriend and myself will always remember. Thank you to all of the staff at The Alverton for making this experience so relaxed and enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jasminwilson20,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

I'm so pleased you liked your Superior room and instantly fell in love with everything about it.

Helen and her team really do go above and beyond to make sure each wedding is perfect. I'm so proud of the team and it's lovely to hear how approachable Helen was and how smoothly the day ran.

I will pass on your kind comments onto all of the team and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We were on our vocation in England and the Alverton hotel was one of our chosen hotels to stay for 2 nights. It was windy and rainy outside. We arrived late in the evening and it was so pleasant to be treated by a friendly receptionist and then to enter our room which was so warm, clean, cosy, calm. For the first night we had a superior room with a big detached bathroom. I really enjoyed it!!! There was a very comfortable bed to sleep. Nice choice of tea and sone cookies. The products in the bath room were nice. The second night we spent in a standard room. It was of course simpler, not still very nice. We again got a bathroom. The furniture is often in the old style, but everything is clean, warm and cosy. We did really enjoy our breakfast. We ate porridge and toasts with bread, teas and juices. We loved the lobby-bar and the restaurant area. We loved the calm green terrace outside. Next time we come back and try a dinner in the restaurant for sure. Regards, Ekaterina Marmy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ekaterina,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I'm so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your two night stay at The Alverton.

I hope to welcome you again and you really should try our 2 AA Rosette awarded restaurant.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

What a lovely venue to hold a wedding, from the moment we arrived we felt very welcome, friendly staff helped with luggage and our rooms were beautiful.
My daughter and son in laws room had stunning views across the gardens and my room was spacious, comfortable with everything needed for overnight stays.
The breakfast menu was especially lovely, my grandson had a smile from cheek to cheek, when served with his choice of waffles, bacon and icecream, us adults were more conventional and enjoyed the english breakfast, but the waffles were tempting!!!
The chaple was decorated with such loving care and was like a scene in a fairytale a beautiful place for a wedding all thanks to Helen (the wedding coordinator) who put so much work into making the day as special as it turned out to be.
The staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was to much trouble,We enjoyed the evening food which was of a Cornish theme and more than enough for the 100 guests.
Thank you all at the Alverton for making my daughter and son in laws (Mr and Mrs Parkes) wedding such a memorable day.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dream432023,

Wow! What a lovely review to read.

As you have mentioned Helen and the team really do put 100% into every wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed hosting Mr & Mrs Parkes big day.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the wedding itself but also your experience at The Alverton. I'm delighted you had a warm welcome, liked your spacious room and loved the delicious breakfast.

I hope they had a lovely honeymoon and we hope to welcome you all again to The Alverton.

With best wishes

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We arrived on a lovely Sunday afternoon at the Alverton Manor having never been before, 1st & lasting impression was the wonderful setting for my sons wedding.
We really enjoyed the relaxed & informal atmosphere especially given the pleasant weather sitting outside in the sun drenched courtyard, The Chapel was in deed beautifully presented & such a romantic setting, we were aware it was a buffet reception so did not expect 5 star dining experience, .

Very happy to give a favourable feedback, 10/10 Brilliant & thanks for making the new Mr & Mrs Parkes day a very special one

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear trickytree2015,

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review.

We all thoroughly enjoyed your sons wedding and it's so lovely to hear you also did.

I hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is my second visit to the Alverton with my husband and yet again it did not disappoint.

Our room was in the Courtyard section of the hotel. Beautifully furnished, impeccably clean and so very comfortable. We had booked both bed and breakfast. Breakfast was lovely: continental and hot food options were available and tasted great. A perfect way to set yourself up for a day of exploring! Our evening meal on the day of our arrival was also delicious.

All of the staff we came into contact with were professional, friendly and really went the extra mile. We would like to specifically mention the lovely gentleman from the bar on Friday night and Beth, also from the bar. They were superb, made some excellent cocktail recommendations and really had a passion for their job.

As it was the Bank Holiday weekend, the hotel was understandably very busy with both guests and weddings. At no point was The Alverton's attention to detail and customer service for individual guests impaired.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and may look to visit their sister hotel The GreenBank in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Melissa H,

Thank you for your fantastic review and I'm delighted to hear this was your second visit to the hotel.

I'm pleased you liked your beautifully furnished Courtyard room, had a lovely breakfast, delicious dinner and found the staff went the extra mile. Beth and the bar team are an asset to the hotel and their exceptional knowledge really does show what a passion they have for their job.

It's lovey to hear how much you enjoyed your Bank Holiday stay and look forward to welcoming you again to The Alverton or our sister The Greenbank.